Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My biggest walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My biggest walleye.

I posted this on the Michigan Forum and thought I'd post it here too.

I did go out yesterday and caught another limit. It's not even about that however. It's about me catching my biggest walleye ever. He had part of my treble hook broken off in the roof of his mouth. The other parts of it must have broken off during the fight. He literally tried to swallow my 4" rapala. I'm thinking about having it mounted, but I don't know if it's worth it. It's 24" long and I don't have a small scale to see how much it weighs. I'm thinking about going to Walmart to see if they have small scales. Let me know what you all think.

Last edited by cstyle; 10-27-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Corey,

Your links are broken.Try putting your images in [img]thephotoaddress[/img]brackets
    Just be sure there's no spaces in between the brackets.The images will appear than.:D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieMagnet
    Corey,

Your links are broken.Try putting your images in [img]thephotoaddress[/img]brackets
    Just be sure there's no spaces in between the brackets.The images will appear than.:D
    Try it now...sorry about that!
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah those fall walleyes really are hard on hooks. I keep spares in my tackle box all fall. Check out a few of my fish here. www.fishingextreme.8k.com
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's what I call fall walleye fishing. I might get back out there today if it's not 30 degrees out. Man this cold weather is coming a little too soon...please go back up to the low to mid 50's!

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

I know what ya mean. It snowed here yesterday. Its 43 tonight. I think I'll go out and cast a few.

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish man!

it seems like the lakes around here (eastern washington) have less walleyes then there in the north. but a 24" walleye is VERY common and quite a few fish to 10lbs-12lbs are caught. i myself have caught them up to about 11lbs. i don't fish for them much but many people that do can limit out on 20"+ fish.
    i find that very interesting.......
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

A limit on 20"+ is always a good day to me. I've only had that happen twice and the biggest was 22.5". I want that elusive 30"+ to have mounted and that would truly make my day. That or a 17" 3lb crappie. I wonder what the longest crappie caught was...well gotta do some looking up.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a 30 incher then this is the time of year to get it. Now till the water freezes. Go look for activity on the water. The walleyes are feeding for winter and if you find baitfish you'll find walleyes eating them. Check out canal and river mouths.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz is right. I fish where the creeks dump into the larger rivers. Spillways are also great this time of year if you are in an area that has winter drawdowns. I fish mainly for saugeye in my area but pick up a walleye or sauger now and then. The other day i got a 24 1/2 incher 2 days in a row, 1 was a 4lber the other weighed in at 5.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member