Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETA is at it again

Post Thanks / Like

Default PETA is at it again

Here is something to shake things up. This out from PETA " NEW YORK - Touting tofu chowder and vegetarian sushi as alternatives, animal-rights activists have launched a novel campaign arguing that fish — contrary to stereotype — are intelligent, sensitive animals no more deserving of being eaten than a pet dog or cat.

AP Photo

Called the Fish Empathy Project, the campaign reflects a strategy shift by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as it challenges a diet component widely viewed as nutritious and uncontroversial.

"No one would ever put a hook through a dog's or cat's mouth," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's director of vegan outreach. "Once people start to understand that fish, although they come in different packaging, are just as intelligent, they'll stop eating them."

Post Thanks / Like

PETA= people eating tasty animals
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those people are 100% certified wackos. I'm just glad they were not around when dinosaurs were. Could you just imagine the drive to work?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Agree IBNFSHN. Those PETA folks (questionalble) are frustrated folks that nobody will pay attention to them. Next thing you know somebody will tell us we can not eat anything because even the grain for our bread has feelings. They way I see it is if fish were good enough for God's son Jesus then good enough for me. God put fish, fowl, cattle, fruit & grain here for us to survive on.

Will get off my soap box now.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peta

I agree also. Those PETA folks need to get a life. If they would put their efforts into something worthwhile like how the Govt. is wasting our tax money or helping the environment or feed the hungry they could do more good. But I guess thats why we live in America where everyone can have a cause no matter how stupid it is. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish is bascially good for you.

I enjoy eating fish and have since I was just a little kid. I grew up eating fresh caught crappie and bass from KY Lake and nearby fishing holes. Not the river though.

I learned to clean fish at a very young age.

As far as PETA they can do what they want but they won't influence me at all. I just ingore them and consider the source. If they don't want to catch, clean and eat fish then I consider that their loss.

But when they try to get others to stop me from fishing and enjoying my experiences on water and the catch that I make then they are crossing into my territory.

I take exception to people that have agenda's spin, twist or lie about the facts to promote their agendas.

I don't think that anyone likes to be lied to or told falsehoods. We want the straight facts and save the propoganda.

I consider myself a CONSERVATIONIST and am by profession an Environmental Scientist with emphasis on the Scientist part. People that go to extreems tend to give the environmental movment a bad name.

The only reason that I would not eat fish is because eating fish could cause harm to me due to certain bad chemicals being in the fish. I don't have any reason to be so concerned about the fish's fellings that I would not catch, clean and eat the damn things. .

There are too many fishermen and fisherwomen and outdoors people who both hunt for game and fish.

Ethical treatment of animals does have some purposes. They need to make sure that our real pets are not mistreated. People who hurt dogs and cats should be careful. People who would mistreat horses and other domistic animals that are not used as a food source but as pets only should treat those pets responsibilty and provide them with adequate shelter, food and water and take the time to interact with their pets.

I guess everyone has different views about this subject. Put me on the side with the hunters and fishermen in this case. I think that deer meat and beef, chicken, turkey and other meat is good for us if taken in moderation.

I also think that eating fruits and vegtables is good too. In fact I think that eating breakfast, lunch and dinner is important. I love seafood too. But I don't dwell on what a fish feels when I am cleaning him. I normally will just cut his spine behind the head to instantly put the fish out of its misery and to stop it from flopping around on the cleaning station table. I am more concerned that the fish flopping around would make me cut my own fingers with my electric filet knife. Now that concerns me more than the fish's fellings.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PETA who?

PETA gave up in Tennessee. They don't even have a lobbyist here.
    Here are a couple of links that will make you sick about how our government runs.

http://www.llsdc.org/sourcebook/state-leg.htm
    This is a state by state list of PACS and Lobbyist

http://www.opensecrets.org/
    This is a federal ist of PACS and Lobbyist. Click on who gives and who gets tabs.

No wonder these people spend millions to get elected. It is shocking.

Everyone here should take a look at this stuff.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect they are why several states have passed a "right to hunt and fish" laws. I recently read that Ohio has that law on their agenda. I hope they all pass one like it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I suspect they are why several states have passed a "right to hunt and fish" laws. I recently read that Ohio has that law on their agenda. I hope they all pass one like it.
    Louisiana just passed a Constitutional Amendment making it legal to hunt and fish. Not that it was illegal before. Just makes it harder for someone (PETA) to contest it.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Constitutional Amendment......

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Louisiana just passed a Constitutional Amendment making it legal to hunt and fish. Not that it was illegal before. Just makes it harder for someone (PETA) to contest it.

That's the best news I've heard in a while, Deacon. I will personally send our senators and congressional commitee an email and thank them for that move. Do you know the date when that amendment was passed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast