Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: anyone used the new nano-fil line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone used the new nano-fil line?

Well, not sure just how new it is, but I've just been starting to see it. I need to get some more 8lb line for some of my crappie rigs and I'm torn between trying that out, or just sticking with my Vanish Transition. Wondering how stout it is mostly for straightening out some sickle hooks when hung in brush etc without snapping the line.

Post Thanks / Like

There have been a couple of threads on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a 6lb test Nanofil line on mine. Never had it break, got caught up a few times and i was able to pull it loose and have to take my pliers to re-bend the hook. First miskake i made was pulling the rod up too hard and it snapped the rod in half, but it never broke the line. Very durable if you ask me, just when it gets caught, make sure you pull it from the line, not the rod, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

When first used it 6# not wowed but the lined grew on me and now like it rather well. I had knot slip once lost fish (catfish) in thick weeds. The sensitivity is very good on tightline. I like the line management aspect as well havent had issues with twists. Distance wise the lighter the lure I feel the better the line does. I compare to 8#powerpro and on a Bitsy Minnow distance is noticeably better easier to get but on heavier rubber work like Senko not much of any difference in distance.

Post Thanks / Like

worse line i ever used period dont waste your money. use suffix or power pro braid!!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!