Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question on tipping jigs with minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on tipping jigs with minnows

I've used jigs and I've used minnows, but never combined. When you talk of tipping jigs with minnows, do you use jig heads, dressed jigs, or either? If you use dressed jigs, what type do you recommend? (plastic, maribou, hair, etc)

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use any type of jigs and tip with a minnow. I've used feather jigs, curly tail jigs, and naked jig heads with minnows. When the bite seems slow using your regular jigs then tip with minnow and see if it improves.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I use all kinds of jigs from a bare hook to naked jig head to fully dressed up, but I tip it with a piece of cut fish (instead of a minnow) from prior catches.

My home lake doesn't allow the use of minnows because they're afraid of unwanted species introduction.

Works great. Sometimes just for grins I put a Crappie Nibble on the tip of the hook in addition...just to make it look pretty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    You can use any type of jigs and tip with a minnow. I've used feather jigs, curly tail jigs, and naked jig heads with minnows. When the bite seems slow using your regular jigs then tip with minnow and see if it improves.Thumbs Up
    Ditto! I actually rarely use a jig alone without a minnow.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitrisin View Post
    I've used jigs and I've used minnows, but never combined. When you talk of tipping jigs with minnows, do you use jig heads, dressed jigs, or either? If you use dressed jigs, what type do you recommend? (plastic, maribou, hair, etc)
    Yes to all the above.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING