Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rush Run 4/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rush Run 4/2

Caught three trout; lost three trout. Also caught three gills. something big and heavy loaded up on my little #10 baitholder, but got off, no surprise. Too heavy for a trout. Maybe a bass or carp. One of the lost trout was a real #$@*&&% as I lost it when it hit the gunnel of the canoe when I was swinging it aboard. Argh. Everthing was within four feet of a steep bank up one of the lake fingers.We were fishing at about two feet in six or seven feet of water. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roberta!

Hopefully the crappie will be biting over at Hueston Woods soon? The water was in the upper 40's last week when I was there... It should be warmer now, and they were close to stagging then.
    Your canoe should be perfect for both drift fishing, and getting into the fallen timber where the bigger boats can't. Also, I got a semi V Grumman now. It's blue and white, so yell at me if you spot me on the lake.

"Take care, and be carefull out there!"
    Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do.We'll take the canoe our first few trips to Acton so we can launch at the beach or Sugar Camp and cut our travel time in half. Doug has two long weekends planned for mid-April so we plan on getting into the middle of the crappie frenzy, if theweather cooperates.
    Once the weather warms up and the renters are out, I want the boat since it handles wake better. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern