Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LakeMaster Truman Lake Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default LakeMaster Truman Lake Info

I have the Lake Master chip for Missouri and I only use it on Truman Lake. The depths were off when comparing the map to the sonar by about 15 feet. My unit is a Humminbird so I adjusted the water level offset and all is good. Sent an email to LakeMaster and sure enough they confirmed that Truman Lake was mapped at 720'. It would be nice if they let you know this. I do not know if you can adjust the water level on a Lowrance unit. I thought this info might save someone else some time.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great info thanks a lot. How do you like it? Have you used it in the upper Grand and Osage arms? That is where most cards are lacking info because the lake was partially froze when navionics last mapped it out. I would by a Lake Master chip for sure if the upper ends have great detail to it. Say from Hay creek to 13 hwy bridges on the Grand arm and Tally Bend to 13 hwy bridge in the Osage arm. Even my Lake Insight is not the greatest in those areas. I went slow and layed a trail right in the middle of the deepest water from Sparrow Foot to Otter a couple weeks ago. When I ran back to Sparrow Foot following the trail I came with in about 3-4 ft of a tree about the size of a softball just at the waters surface. Could have reached out and touched it. Not a good feeling when running 60+ mph.

Post Thanks / Like

I used mine for the first time last weekend, also had to use a negative 15' to get the depths right. Yes it would of been nice to know this. I know with the lake this low, I have seen trees that I haven't seen in years. Also idled through a spot in wrights that I usually run through, smacked a pretty good size one. I really like the idea of being able to highlight shallow water and the highlight a certain depth, will be useful when trolling. I hope they map Ozarks and Twain one of these days, good bye Navionics!!!!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Not a good feeling when running 60+ mph.

I took that line out of your post,,,, don't go 60+ drfish did with me++++and my jeans are still staned,,,,and that was a month ago

all joking aside,,, shallow water is a prop mans best friend

Post Thanks / Like

I do not fish the upper Grand much but have looked at the map and it appears to have full lake coverage. On Truman you can't always count on the channel being clear, I was in the little Pomme marking trees last weekend and in a few spots the channel was not a clear path.
    I also just got an email from LakeMaster that they have been bought out by Johnson Outdoors the makers of Humminbird and Minn Kota. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, time will tell. I do not think you would be disappointed with the purchase of a LakeMaster card.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I think I will be geting one before long and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I think I will be geting one before long and give it a try.
    x2........ looks to be the best product out there right now.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish