Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Water Level

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Water Level

I know i have been watching the water level a truman for a long time and it has been a while since it's been this low... when was the last time it was this low??? If you launch at sparrowfoot and go up to otter will the rail tracks be above water yet??? my gps chip does not show that end of the lake... thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  38.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

For sure not an area for the faint of heart,,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beagle what map is that? Is it your HDS lake insight? Similar to what mine looks like but may be a little differant. I ran that strech of water last week staying in what my lake insight said was the channel. When going back from the Otter area heading north towards Strawberry which is on the right as you turn to the West towards the tracks I happened to look down and about arms reach from my side of the boat was a tree about the size of a softball sticking out of the water about 3". Pretty scary for sure. Can't wait to see the LakeMaster chip to see if it is better than my Lake insight in my HDS. Be careful for sure if running that area. When in question get off plane and idle. Much cheaper that way. I will not be running it again unless the lake is 2-3 ft high or higher. Or will be following someone else that can run it with this low of water. With the trail I laid last week I now feel confident in running it at above normal pool or a ft or so high. The one stump was scary but should be fine if the lake is a couple ft high.

Post Thanks / Like

Deepwater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Deepwater.
    The only deepwater up there is the town and the name of the creek. Man it is shallow water area for sure. It can be rewarding but could also get real expensive if you don't know where you are going.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooper Creek is right there, I have long thought that ramp is named deepwater, or I've always called it Deepwater.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang I don't have anything smart to say about Cooper creek. May try rigging down the middle of the other creek tomorrow if the weather holds and I can get the boat in the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Red Ranger just to get your lake info off on the right foot, sparrowfoot up to otter creek is wrong, otter creek is down from sparrowfoot, simple math, everything is considered going down if you are headed toward the dam...... and sparrowfoot to otter you are headed to the dam.... lots of folks mis-inturp this.......... don't want you getting lost on my watch......... If you want to learn some great spots to fish now is the time to spend a day checking out the lake with it low by a foot..... I know my gps went from 46 waypoints to 180 on some natural made stuff I never knew was there....... going out again this week and load up a few more...... not often we get the chance to see it this low....I found a 150' long stump row on the osage the other day and never knew it was there, it runs from zip out to 13' fow, add 6" of water and it is gone, and it was holding good fish.......finding lots of submerged cedar trees and stump fields....... may have to get another gps..... this one only holds 500........best gas money I have ever spent........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Jarod that is an old fishing hot spots map, it's is pretty good, shows a bunch west of 13 highway also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast