Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman night fishing

Sunday night i fished under the lights at truman, 35 ft deep, 8 ft down in mouth of large
    cove, started at 8:00 had 15 crappie, 5 white bass 4 catfish and 11 drum by 10:30, when
    they just stopped, i mean stopped nothing, nada, i stayed till 11:00 but didnt do any good.
    Used minnows on 1/8 oz jig heads, crappie in the light, w/bass on the edge of the light
    in the dark. Caught a lot of shorts, but the 15 were keepers. I kept the drum for
    catfish bait this weekend. Does anybody know if blues will bite on drum, thought i might
    season them up with some garlic. I don't know what the hot weather will do to the
    fish this weekend, but i'm gonna give it a try again. Funny thing, a couple of weeks ago
    if you slowly reeled the minnow in the crappie would nail it, this week if you reeled in
    no hits.

John b.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going John, sounds like a great time, and on them drum clean em poach em and get ready for some , on second thought catfish bait would be a better use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default couple of thoughts and a question

Usually if the action slacks off around 11 it is because the fish have moved away from a "day" spot to a "night" spot. Try to find a point with cover out of the wind in the 15-25 ft range. tie off between two trees if possible or securely anchor. Let the lights do their work for at least an hour. We have best luck from 12-2am. Fish deep early and as the light brings them up follow them. You should have bait under you within 30 minutes if the wind is not too bad. Use minnows till they really turn on then black tube jigs.

Q. is the water below the dam clear enough for lights.??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, i don't know about the water below the dam.

John b.