Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

Fished a club tournament on Sat out of purvis. Fished mostly main lake bluff brush piles and docks with brush piles. Came in with 30 fish and had 15 good fish to take first place. The wind was a real pain in the butt, causing 2' waves.And with the big boats out and about there was some good 3' to 4' waves out. All caught on jigs no defined color pattern, but something with a chartruse color helped. Will be back next weekend for sure.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Fished a club tournament on Sat out of purvis. Fished mostly main lake bluff brush piles and docks with brush piles. Came in with 30 fish and had 15 good fish to take first place. The wind was a real pain in the butt, causing 2' waves.And with the big boats out and about there was some good 3' to 4' waves out. All caught on jigs no defined color pattern, but something with a chartruse color helped. Will be back next weekend for sure.
    Congrats on the win. :D Were they doing anything similar to last week's pattern? Did you fish the same area again?

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Yep fished purvis area again, just got partnered up with a guy in the club that has spent lots of time puttin beds in. Our club tournaments usually arent alot of money. More for fun and braggin rights. I did find out that several of the guys in the club fished the CAST tourne last weekend also. Most of them caught better fish this weekend than last weekend. Big fish for the tourne went for 1.10 lbs and we 15 @ 10.4 and our big was .96
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

The only legal fish we brought to the scales(have to 10" or more) went 1.13. We caught quite a few during the tourney, just didn't get the big bites or discover the pattern early enough to do anything with it. We fished the CAST tournament completely blind. No pre-fishing, prior knowledge, or experience in that section of the lake. Had fun riding the the wild, bucking waves though! Ha Ha! :rolleyes:

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing any lake blind makes it tough, for anyone I would think. I am suprised you arent fishing the crappie usa on 11/6. Yes the waves on this lake can be a real pain with the big boats out. I usually stay away from loz till about this time and will fish it all winter thru april. Once the big boats come back out of storage. Its sad to see what this lake has became with the boats getting bigger and bigger each year. If you ever see a list of the water patrol reports, this lake has the majority of accidents. But since its so far out of hand I dont think nothing can be done about it now.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Can't swing it for USA this year. I was pretty amazed at the number of pleasure boats that were still running while we were up there. I can't imagine how bad it gets during thong season. Judging by the huge number of speed boats I noticed, I am betting it gets horrible for the fishermen.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, since i'm new to the lake just wondering how far of a boat ride it would be from the weigh in site down to the niangua arm. the cusa tournament is taking off out of deer valley right? before i enter i want to make sure i can fish some spots that i'm familiar with. thanks
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Sorry, Adamr, I have never made that run. I do know that you will be more prone to catching some nice Blacks up in the Nianga arm though. They can average better than the whites at times on the LOZ. Luck to ya in the tourny though. Kick Larry for me for telling the same Crappie(not the fish) jokes! LOL

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

Adam, from the way I read it its a honor system. I maybe we wrong about it, might be worth a phone call. But I do remember a guy telling me that they always started at 1 minute after and stopped 1 minute before. Do you put in the at the Roach ramp? I would say from Camdenton to the weigh-in site would be 20 minute drive. If you havent mailed in your application yet, I think you have to go to the meeting on Friday night and register. This is what a friend of mine told me that is in it. I am wanting to get in it, just cant find a partner. My regular is out for that weekend.

Lake: Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Date(s): 11/06/04
    Mail Deadline: 10/23/04
    Off Limits: Midnight - 6:30am (before tournament)
    Start Time: 6:30am
    Stop Time: 3:00pm
    Weigh-In: 4:00pm (anyone not in line by this time will be disqualified from the tournament)
    Weigh-In Site: Deer Valley park
    Lake Rd 541
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Hey TAE73, I sent you a PM. get back to me when you can.

On USA local tourneys, you can start fishing at 6:30am anywhere on the lake you want. You have to stop by 3pm sharp! Don't be late (before 4pm) getting in the weigh in line!!! My partner and I missed the 4pm cut off at Patoka, by minutes. It cost us a check. They give the official time at the seminar. If you are not pre-registered, you have to pay a late fee on top of the regular fee at the seminar. You must be a current member of USA to participate as well. You can pay to become a member at the same time you register for the tournament. Hope this helps someone.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 10-26-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast