Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling Motor Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Trolling Motor Installation

Since the weather here in Georgia is going to be bad this weekend I'm gonna try and install my new Minn kota 55 power drive autopilot trolling motor.Thank you to all of the guys who helped me make this good decision!!!!! One problem, my boat is the 2004 Tracker PT 185. Where the trolling motor hooks up to the panel in the front of the boat for the power, I can't find the plug to attach to my new trolling motor wires. If you got a Tracker boat you'll know what I'm talking about. That plug must be specific for Tracker I guess. Anyway, can anyone who has a Tracker or know about them help me wire this new motor to the existing receptacle or do I have to buy a whole new plug and receptacle? As simple as possible, because I ain't blessed with figuring out this electronic stuff!!!! You guys are all lifesavers............and crappie killers.LOL jigsatwitchin'...................cd
    Last edited by crappie dog; 02-17-2006 at 08:53 AM.
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you keep your old trolling motor? If so just put your old plug on the new one. If not, Bass Pro sells the male and female plugs seperate or as a set. Just splice the wires together, with electric tape. I also put shrink wrap over the splice...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Call the Tracker Sales Department in Atlanta.
    They will Priority Mail you one for free.

They have sent me two at no charge,