Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2011 Charity Tournament - Looking for advice

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Charity Tournament - Looking for advice

My tournament partner and I are planning on hosting a tournament next spring which would give kids a chance to fish for money towards a college education. Our personal goal for the first year is to have at least a first place prize of $5000 towards a college education and to get around 50 teams. We intend on doing alot of work this winter to round as many local and major sponsors as we can. We are trying to come up with a name for the tournament so if any of you guys would have suggestions I would love to hear them or if you have any other suggestions I would like to hear them as well. We would like to make it a tournament where all kids would have an equal chance, so I think I would make it to where all guides or tournament fishermen would be ineligible. What do you guys think?

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Paralyzed Veterans fishing tournaments and see how they are run.
    First day is for the veteran and the second day is for the boat captain or tournament fisherman.
    This is a good place to start checking

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What about "The Smart Tournament" for a name? Great idea to have a competition for school funds that are so hard for some to get. Our local tournaments that are open to the public are not open to pro's. However, maybe pairing a pro and a student and the student getting the school funds would work. The pro's might get some kind of reward to offset their investment in the day and advertising that they had participated for a future student. Good luck in putting it all together.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around