Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bucket Bonanza ?

pomoxisannularus Guest

Default Bucket Bonanza ?

Gotta admit that I hadn't thought of buckets for crappie structure, how do you preferr to set them out to attract best ?? I have been using bamboo balls using 4' lengths (12 sticks each) all wired together in the center... got the idea from someon else calling them death stars, but i have been wieghting them down with football sized rocks ...are the buckets easier to use???? pomoxis
    Last edited by pomoxisannularus; 02-02-2006 at 01:42 AM. Reason: forgot part of message

Post Thanks / Like

I never tried the "Death Stars", but buckets arent hard at all.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question can't get buckets ....

but can get bamboo ......... then check out Jerry Blake's first post in this thread :

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=12162&page=2

All you need is the "boo", some concrete blocks, and some "Ski rope" ... transport all materials on the boat to your drop zone - put them together - drop them overboard - mark them (triangulation, GPS, map marking). But, as Jerry suggests -these are more for shallower waters, than the bucket/boo setup.

Also, don't forget the "bucket full of rocks" setup ........ well, maybe not "full" of rocks, but you get the idea. These are used to make mock stump fields, by randomly dropping them on barren flats - random, but not scattered too much. For more on "bucket stumps", see 1Weezer's posts/pics in this thread : http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=10762&page=3

........... luck2ya .......... cp

ps - don't forget to post a report on your successful planting of these attractors, and the fish you catch from them !!

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can make the death stars out of milk jugs. I did it with pvc and they are nice they look kinda like the new stars you can get from bass pro now but a lot cheaper. When you get the desired amount of pipes in the jug sticking out just fill the jug with quick crete and any more weight you might need and sink them. I have not tried them with the bamboo that I have, but I am going to.
    If I knew how to put pictures on this puter I would show you but I think you get the idea.

Nuttin better than crappie fishin.
    Scott.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

fill them with boo or pvc and concrete or buckets full of rocks to simulate stumps
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER