Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HELP!! Night time crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP!! Night time crappie fishing

It's been really hot lately so I've been focusing my attention more toward bass fishing in the evening rather than crappie. Last night while dragging a finesse worm along the bottom besides the five green carp I caught my 2 biggest crappie in the last year with the biggest almost 16 inches which swallowed the worm.Luckily,no bleeding so released her. The lake is a city park lake,maximum depth about 6 feet. I want to give the crappie a good shot at night but I'm unsure what to use. I need suggestions on size and colors, even type of bait. Minnows,jigs,cranks,anything that works best for nightime crappie. What are your favorite crappie baits for night fishing ? I want to give those night crappies something to think about.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For night fishing we always used minnows under a light. Works well in the heat of the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Greenlight sunk about 3-4' deep. And whatever color tube jig you normally use. Minnows work, but are such a pain after dark for me to use much. Lee