Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 PF 165 Vinyl

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 PF 165 Vinyl

Ever since I stumbled across this web site that were displaying this boat. I am 62 years of age but I have been salvating over this boat like a 15 year old boy on a date with the head cheerleader.

I like the stick steering set-up. The layout and just about everything. It could be a tad longer just short of 16'. But Nothing is perfect.

Any of you that own this boat care to comment if I have reason to drool ?

Or should I keep looking ? Fish for crappie 90 % of time.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice boat..I have looked at one in person at the boat dealership....but look at the War Eagle stick steer model....Wow...it really looks great.....a litlle bigger and lots more storage etc.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I have a boat very similar stick steering bass tracker have had the boat 8 years or so . You will not go wrong its easy to fish out of and very comfortable to fish out of. Only problem I have is the foot control for the trolling motor a little cramped up there. I'm thinking about a hand control trolling motor other than that you won't go wrong....jim

Post Thanks / Like

i got a 2006 tracker 16ft stick steer and i made a bracket to hold my foot pedal for the trolling motor and it works great you never have to move to run the trolling motor
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKillerJigs View Post
    i got a 2006 tracker 16ft stick steer and i made a bracket to hold my foot pedal for the trolling motor and it works great you never have to move to run the trolling motor
    Do you have a picture of that bracket?

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Ever since I stumbled across this web site that were displaying this boat. I am 62 years of age but I have been salvating over this boat like a 15 year old boy on a date with the head cheerleader.

I like the stick steering set-up. The layout and just about everything. It could be a tad longer just short of 16'. But Nothing is perfect.

Any of you that own this boat care to comment if I have reason to drool ?

Or should I keep looking ? Fish for crappie 90 % of time.

Hays, I have a 16 foot stick steering G3 boat with a 40 Yamaha on ii. It about 12 to 13 years old and have not had any problems with it. I love it and have used it a lot. Great boat. You want be sorry with one if you get it.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was to but another stick steer it would be the War Eagle 754. Check it out. War Eagle Boats - Boats - Stick Steering Models - VS

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice having the livewell on the side. You just don't realize how much room they take up being in the middle. If you buy the 16ft model go with as much motor that you can.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    If I was to but another stick steer it would be the War Eagle 754. Check it out. War Eagle Boats - Boats - Stick Steering Models - VS
    That is a great boat.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that War Eagle 754 VS is REAL nice. Closest dealer for me is about a four hour drive.

Anybody got idea how much they cost ?
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast