Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reccommendations on Fishfinders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reccommendations on Fishfinders

I have just recently purchased an aluminum bass boat. I am re-working a lot of electrical issues. I plan on installing a new depth finder on it but have been out of the fishing loop for a few years now so any help would greatly be apprecaited. I have heard that the Hummingbird's are good along with the Lowrance models. Any help on this matter would glady be taken in. Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Swamp Dog:

Both Humminbird and Lowrance make good graphs and have good customer service - I use one of each. If you haven't used a graph in a few years you will be amazed at the features and resolution you can get now without having to spend a lot of money. Although, there is an extremely wide price range in graphs on the market. If you can come up with a price range that will narrow the search. Then do some research and decide what features you want - like whether you want a combo unit with GPS.

I like having a little bigger screen than some of the entry level units have. You also have a choice of cone angle and side-scanning features and other features that may or may not be useful to you depending on your lakes and methods of fishing.

When you get your search narrowed down post the models you are concidering and folks that have used those models can give you specific likes and dislikes (if any) about them.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought two new GPS units. Both are Lowrance units. Called Lowrance 5 or 6 times before I could decide which one to buy. They answered all my questions. Give them a call, tell them you need help deciding on a unit. Their number is 1-800-324-1356 or www.lowrance.com but it takes a day or two to answer the email. Try to get a unit with as many pixels as you can afford.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Price isn't really a factor considering (Santa) is a coming. LOL! I was eyeing down the Lowrance LMS-480. However something comparable to that will work also. I'm willing to spend up to or around $700. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

The 480 is a great unit. I looked at this unit but put all my money in a GPS unit. Tell santa to look at www.tigergps.com first.
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Swampdog, I've asked pretty well the same thing today (ANOTHER GPS QUESTION). Check out Bass Pro Shop online. They have a LMS480/ i finderPro combo for $499.oo. I think I'm gonna buy it.
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 12-11-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Swamp Dog:

I have a Lowrance LCX17M combo unit, which I think has the largest non-colored screen they offer. I've seen some colored units in operation and I would pay for a larger screen before I would pay for color.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Lowrance 480 at tigergps.com is $474.16
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my next one. http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=512
    But its over the $700 mark.

PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Red I have the unit and believe me there is nothing that will compare to it you can take a pic at what you are fishing or move the icon to the tree or stump and push go to and it will take u right to it the only drawback to the unit at this time is the gps part it needs a pointer like the garmins have with a arrow to guide you but I am told they are working on that part right now Swamp you might consider the 97c humminbird big screen model I think it is in the price range you are talking this 987 is the bomb you can tell which side of a sunk laydown to fish the limbs or the rootball and see the fish where they are or look at sunk boats all kinds of neet stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast