Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sometimes I thank they don't appreciate or buisness

Post Thanks / Like

Default sometimes I thank they don't appreciate or buisness

I kow that big stores like Bass Pro and Academy Sports are big busisness and you think that they would help when you asked to put some flyers out about Crappie Tournaments. They will take them and put then under the counter or an out of the way place. This has happened to me two or three times,you would think that they would appreciate your buisness but I guess we are a little FISH in the market. It wouldn't do any good if I stopped shopping at eather store. But they like to take your money.

mikeg
    Last edited by mikeg; 12-11-2005 at 04:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I asked Wal-Mart if I could leave some flyers about a small Crappie Tournament in October and they said they could not let me . I asked why and they told me if they let me do it they would have to let everyone do it . Some thing about competition and ethics . They said they would not have a problem with me putting the flyers in the Sporting Goods Dept. because it would bring in revenue to their store but the Corporate Office said no to everyone
    Excellent

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Oh, they appreciate your business, Mikeg ...

they just don't have, or can't spare shelf/cabinet space to put up flyers. Your best bet would be to hang them on the bulletin board, at the front of the store (if they have one). Otherwise, drop off a half dozen or so at your local tackle shops/bait stores (if you have any), or any that are close to the lake(s) where your tournaments will be held. Check back in a week or so, and add more if the count has gone down. ......luck2ya ......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Sometimes it's space, sometimes it's rules. I worked retail for a good while and I always had folks coming in asking to leave candy machines, donation buckets, flyers, ads and everything you can think of. I always said no, but wished them luck. Thing is, if you take one, the other 30 people will line up wanting it too. If you don't take those then you are evil or something. Next thing you know, your whole counter is covered with other peoples collection buckets and none of your product in a prime impulse sale real estate.

Post Thanks / Like

I owned retail stores for 20 years. I first allowed flyers. Bad move, more request than I had space for. Added a bulletin board so folks could post their flyers, didn't have a wall big enough to hold them all. Finally just said no. I also donated a prize to any tournament that asked. I have yet to hear a thank you from anyone except those who asked for the donation. I never heard from a club president or from anyone who won a prize. That is why today everytime I go to a tournament, I tradewith sponsor's ( even if they are more expensive) who advertises and tell them why I am there. I also email or send a thank you card to the title sponsor. It is amazing how few fishermen say thank you to sponsors.