Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: placing bamboo condo's

Post Thanks / Like

Default placing bamboo condo's

When putting out bamboo condo's in open water, how many condo's do you put in one set and how do you pattern them? Do you put them in a triangle pattern or do you put them as close to each other as possible? I fish out of a 24' pontoon w/ kids mostly and was just wanderin if anyone had a special technique they would share. Thanks and take your kids fishing, it's a blast!!!!!!
    Jody Goodwin

Post Thanks / Like

Hey oilman035

I haven`t used any of the bambo condos but make alot out of pvc. I try to place mine in an H pattern. The attractors we make cover 9sq. ft. We drop 2 markers about 6 to 8 ft appart. Then drop one in front of each bouy and one behind each bouy with one in the middle. This gives us about 45 sq. ft. of structure with alot of edge. This way you can vertical jig, cast, or troll over the attractors. You might contact Jerry Blake he uses bambo alot. You can find his email address on this site. Hope this helps.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year I started building bamboo condos. Bucket type. I dropped them all in single spots but put some close enough together to be able to move back and forth between them. Those condos are the best thing I ever built for fishing. When the leaves are still on one condo will be easy to find and hold plenty of fish. 1 year old boo looses the leaves. The branches and stalk remain. I have trouble finding a few of mine now that they are bare. The fish are still holding on them. I put all my condos in deep water last year and this summer. Now I am dropping the block type condos between the bank and each bucket type so the fish can just move up and down between them. I am also making some with flower pots and 2 bamboo stalks in each. I am going to drop them on those condos that are harder to find so I can see them better. I might need a new finder.
    Just place them so you can be most productive. Think of what crappie do year round and put them a room for rent in those locations. good luck they will pay off. Also place them on drops and turns or bends of creeks.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Okay fellas I am here by Ditto Landing and there is not alot of good crappie fishing there. I will like to make a crappie home so I do not have to drive an hour away. How deep should I drop these condos and how long should they be.

If I drop them in eight feet of water how long should they be. I ask because I do not have a boat so I will drop them off a couple of docks in the area.

Where do you get the bamboo from?

Thanx
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

You might do some research on the docks you are talking about. Try to find out which ones are deepest. Bamboo is tall, I dropped 8 off today, in 20' of water, and could still see the leaves below the surface on one of them. Deeper water good for winter/summer crappie. In 8' of water, you might cut some bamboo up into 6' lengths. I wouldn't get them too close to the surface. If there are any steep banks that you can fish, drop some off those too! The main lake crappie love to hang out next to very steep dropoffs and steep points.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry