Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Using blue water boats for Crappie fishing... your experiences please

Durham County... Falls Lake & Jordan are my home lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Using blue water boats for Crappie fishing... your experiences please

We already have a boat that works pretty decent for Crappie fishing. What we would like to do is replace it with a boat that will also work well for catching big catfish in the rivers and something we can take out on the ocean. We have been trying to decide between a Triumph 191DC and a Triumph 215CC. I know that no boat is perfect for all three applications.

I would really like to hear from some of the other Crappie.com members who use ocean fishing boats for Crappie fishing. How well is it working for you? What modifications did you make? What model and size boat are you using?... and so forth. Many thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to the the ocean, the 215cc would be close to the minimum and the 191dc wouldn't even be a consideration... and I wouldn't stray too far from shore unless the 215cc had dual Mercs on the back!

You can fish for Crappie out of anything from an inner tube to a yacht! Just figure what your heaviest fishing is going to be and then going backwards won't be a problem!

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of fellers in FL use skiffs for both waters. I'm not familiar with Triumph boats. Like GCD said, you can fish for specks outta pertnear anything that floats. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Tight Lines!
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how far you would want to go off-shore in a 22-foot boat but my Blue Wave sure makes a fine crappie fishing boat if you want to take 4 or 5 people:

I've moved my shad tank and put a seat where it is so I have seating for four adults all fishing out of the right side of the boat.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    I don't know how far you would want to go off-shore in a 22-foot boat but my Blue Wave sure makes a fine crappie fishing boat if you want to take 4 or 5 people:

I've moved my shad tank and put a seat where it is so I have seating for four adults all fishing out of the right side of the boat.
    I like that! Nice guide rig.

Post Thanks / Like

I crappie fish out of 21' cc bay boat, it is heavier but stable, I rigged it with rod holders front and back. I fished inshore when I lived in Florida, no offshore in 21' foot for me.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy used a 22' palm beach center console with very good results
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around