Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 8 Foot Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8 Foot Report

Well I had the opportunity to break in the 8' Ozark Rod. WOW!!!:D:D:D

:o:rolleyes:

The rod was far better than I could expect. I've used shorter Ozark rods and really liked them, however this was rod was awesome! The length was perfect, not too short and not too long.

I fixed it up with 10# Suffix hi-vis orange. Didn't know what to expect from suffix or the hunter orange color. However really liked the line. I was able to pick up a spool in bps outlet store for $10. I want to thank JJ for pointing me that direction!!

I also tried a different reel. Used one of the small baitcasting types, I mean the really small one with no level wind. Just holds line and you have to pull it out against the drag. It was different but worked out well. For dipping trees it came in super handy. A little awkard to get use to but the more it was used the better it got. The best thing about it is the weight, or lack there of. This is not the reel for all applications, but for dipping its worth trying.

Looking forward to giving the set up a Truman treatment!!!!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new setup. I have been using the small baitcaster on my dipping rods and really like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad,

If you've still got the box the line came in you should be able to go to Suffix Works and print off a rebate coupon for $6.00. It's been several months since I bought any but they had the coupon available at that time and my checks came back within about three weeks.

Glad you like the new rod also.

Chris W.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

I use 10' ozark and love it, but sometimes wish it wasnt so long. sounds like the 8' is a good compromise.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I use the small Uncle Bucks and the small Wally Marshall's bait casters on all my spider rig rods and all the dipping rods. Totally love them and they work without fail and are pretty cheap. They are very easy to get set at precise depths.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked the rod. Im going to get one of those reels and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

without a level wind how do you get the line spread out on the reel? I've looked at them but wasn't too sure about it.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When spooling just use your finger to guide it back and forth. I at most am dipping 10 ft deep so once they are spooled up the is nothing to worry about. Here is what I am switching all mine to. Actually has a drag and spool tension knob like a big baitcaster. $19.99 at Bass Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an 8' and 12' foot Ozark rods, and the 8'er is my primary pole, i am convinced there could not be a finer rod.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?