SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Repost of fluid bed build

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton, Tennessee
    Posts
    6,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I watched the comparison video also. He got some nice results from the paper bag.
    Hi my name is Jack and I have a dock shooting addiction. Team Dock Shooters Anonymous.

  2. #42
    Cray's Avatar
    Cray is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Byhalia,Mississippi
    Posts
    15,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go right here and spend a couple of bucks for a cup with membrane already installed. Used the brown bags and they worked good but no comparison to these cups. Poke a hole in the bag and you got a real mess. That air filter can't hurt but I have never had a problem and it is pretty humid around here.

    Fluid Beds - TJ's Tackle



    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979




  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi, Is the filter replaceable or permanent? How do you replace it if it is replaceable? Where can you get extra filters? How long does a filter last? Thanks...




    Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Go right here and spend a couple of bucks for a cup with membrane already installed. Used the brown bags and they worked good but no comparison to these cups. Poke a hole in the bag and you got a real mess. That air filter can't hurt but I have never had a problem and it is pretty humid around here.

    Fluid Beds - TJ's Tackle




  4. #44
    Cray's Avatar
    Cray is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Byhalia,Mississippi
    Posts
    15,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUSS L View Post
    Hi, Is the filter replaceable or permanent? How do you replace it if it is replaceable? Where can you get extra filters? How long does a filter last? Thanks...
    No need to replace. They are permanent, glued in. Just dump powder out into jar. I turn up side down and tap on little work table to get residue out. Reload and go. I have a shop with air compressor so every once in awhile I will blow a little higher pressure air from bottom out. Really not necessary just something I do. Main thing is no oil or grease on it. Moisture will stop it up until it dries out.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979




  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    No need to replace. They are permanent, glued in. Just dump powder out into jar. I turn up side down and tap on little work table to get residue out. Reload and go. I have a shop with air compressor so every once in awhile I will blow a little higher pressure air from bottom out. Really not necessary just something I do. Main thing is no oil or grease on it. Moisture will stop it up until it dries out.

    Thanks, getting those cups seems like the way to go. What size pvc pipe (width and length) do they fit into. I'm thinking of building the base myself. I'm wondering, if the air pump has an airflow control on it, why to you need another one?

  6. #46
    Cray's Avatar
    Cray is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Byhalia,Mississippi
    Posts
    15,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  18.0 KB

    Not a very good picture. But it's no more than a 1 1/2 in coupling with a hole drilled in the side above filter and silicone D or glued in. I use mainly 1 1/2 in cups. But you can get the 2 in and do the same thing with a 2 in coupling. You just push the cup in as you twist it to get it to seal. Use a aquarium air pump to power it. Just a cheap one will do.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979




  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for all the info, but since my mind is like a sieve, can you give me those powder paint colors again?




    UOTE=cray;3372523]

    Not a very good picture. But it's no more than a 1 1/2 in coupling with a hole drilled in the side above filter and silicone D or glued in. I use mainly 1 1/2 in cups. But you can get the 2 in and do the same thing with a 2 in coupling. You just push the cup in as you twist it to get it to seal. Use a aquarium air pump to power it. Just a cheap one will do.[/QUOTE]

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's a vid I put together a while ago on how I build my food beds......
    REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....
    Check Out My YouTube Channel And Subscribe
    Sk's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP