SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 154

Thread: JDM reels relating to panfish

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alphahawk, Do you know of an alternative place to order the ester line? Digitaka is out of stock.
    Thanks in advance.
    If you cast it they will come.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Pro Wannabe View Post
    Alphahawk, Do you know of an alternative place to order the ester line? Digitaka is out of stock.
    Thanks in advance.
    No I donít....at least not for the normal price. I would email them and ask when it will be back in stock. I think me...my son...and my nephew, made a big dent in it with our combined orders of 12 spools.....LOL.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hope you have great success with it. See, we are still kids at heart--it just that our toys change!
    Jerry "Bo" Bryant
    "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Pro Wannabe View Post
    Alphahawk, Do you know of an alternative place to order the ester line? Digitaka is out of stock.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tackle Japan has it for about a dollar more a spool... VARIVAS Super Trout area Master Limited Super Ester # Neo Orange - Tackle Japan (Online fishing tackle shop)




  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillfishn View Post
    Tackle Japan has it for about a dollar more a spool... VARIVAS Super Trout area Master Limited Super Ester # Neo Orange - Tackle Japan (Online fishing tackle shop)

    Sold out.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app






  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If it has an X next to line size it's sold out...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    va
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Although this is not about a JDM rod it is JDM related and concerns a Diawa JDM reel. One of those Merry X-mas to me moments when the big brown truck rolled into my driveway today!

    I recently ordered my first JDM rod and was checking out the different JDM reels as I was interested in the shallow spool options that are not normally available on reels here in this market.

    I wanted something nice, pretty far above the level I usually buy in a spinning reel (Pflueger Supreme type of level) and was looking at the Diawa Luvias and Certrate as the most likely candidates to get the most upper end quality at the most reasonable price.

    In my search I did find a U.S. company that was advertising a close out sale on last year models Diawa Exist JDM reels and with the black Friday additional discount it was putting the flagship last years model Exist reel even with the Diawa Certate pricing level.
    Considering these reels were selling originally for 699.00 it was not something I ever remotely considered as an option.

    I could not turn that down and being last years model when I am only paying about half the price the reel was selling for last year does not bother me at all. I have never owned a true flagship level reel as they are just priced out of my range and really above the level I need so I pulled the trigger.

    The reel apparently even though it is listed as "jdm" does have a model number that designates it as U.S.A. reel as it is listed as a model 1025 while the same Japan reel is a model 1003.

    The biggest advantage for this is the reel from what I can find out is covered under this countries warranty which if needed would be a bonus.
    Diawa is listing some advertising where the Exist has a lifetime warranty and free reel cleaning and service for life as well.

    I am not positive whether this covers this reel as well but it is an Exist reel so hopefully it will.

    There is no English owners manual or English parts diagram in the box although at Diawa online there is a parts diagram in English for the reel but still no English version for the owners manual.

    Other than the model number difference and the box having the Lead Warning for California residents on it and one box panel giving the reels information in English from what I can find out there is no other difference between the "1003" and "1025".

    Well this is a "1000" series ultralight reel, comes with 12 bearings, Automatic Drag System, Magsealed and the Zaion Air Rotor. Gear ratio is 4.8:1 taking in 23.6" line per revolution, (which I like a slower ratio) max drag of 4.4 lbs, holds 130 yards of 2lb test and weighs 5.8 ounces.
    Figured with a reel that sports 12 ball bearings and some of those mag sealed to boot the weight is exceptionally light.

    I really like the shallow JDM style spool and I think for Ultra light fishing may be something that spool design could spoil a person.

    The reel looks very nice and the fit and finish on everything is superb, Feels super smooth so I am pleased with my purchase although actually I was not planning on buying a reel for a couple of months.

    Had to share as this will probably be the only new flagship reel I ever buy probably but the pricing was too good not to buy it.
    I could never see me spending what this type of reel normally sells for for how I fish. I do try to take care of my stuff though and have ultra light rods and reels that I have had forever that are still like new so I hope to enjoy this for a long time.

    May have to up the ante a little on the rod this finds to be its permanent home. Buy a Luvias for the rod I have already ordered and buy a bit higher end rod for the new Exist.
    What kind of rabbit hole has this poor boy entered? lol!
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    Although this is not about a JDM rod it is JDM related and concerns a Diawa JDM reel. One of those Merry X-mas to me moments when the big brown truck rolled into my driveway today!

    I recently ordered my first JDM rod and was checking out the different JDM reels as I was interested in the shallow spool options that are not normally available on reels here in this market.

    I wanted something nice, pretty far above the level I usually buy in a spinning reel (Pflueger Supreme type of level) and was looking at the Diawa Luvias and Certrate as the most likely candidates to get the most upper end quality at the most reasonable price.

    In my search I did find a U.S. company that was advertising a close out sale on last year models Diawa Exist JDM reels and with the black Friday additional discount it was putting the flagship last years model Exist reel even with the Diawa Certate pricing level.
    Considering these reels were selling originally for 699.00 it was not something I ever remotely considered as an option.

    I could not turn that down and being last years model when I am only paying about half the price the reel was selling for last year does not bother me at all. I have never owned a true flagship level reel as they are just priced out of my range and really above the level I need so I pulled the trigger.

    The reel apparently even though it is listed as "jdm" does have a model number that designates it as U.S.A. reel as it is listed as a model 1025 while the same Japan reel is a model 1003.

    The biggest advantage for this is the reel from what I can find out is covered under this countries warranty which if needed would be a bonus.
    Diawa is listing some advertising where the Exist has a lifetime warranty and free reel cleaning and service for life as well.

    I am not positive whether this covers this reel as well but it is an Exist reel so hopefully it will.

    There is no English owners manual or English parts diagram in the box although at Diawa online there is a parts diagram in English for the reel but still no English version for the owners manual.

    Other than the model number difference and the box having the Lead Warning for California residents on it and one box panel giving the reels information in English from what I can find out there is no other difference between the "1003" and "1025".

    Well this is a "1000" series ultralight reel, comes with 12 bearings, Automatic Drag System, Magsealed and the Zaion Air Rotor. Gear ratio is 4.8:1 taking in 23.6" line per revolution, (which I like a slower ratio) max drag of 4.4 lbs, holds 130 yards of 2lb test and weighs 5.8 ounces.
    Figured with a reel that sports 12 ball bearings and some of those mag sealed to boot the weight is exceptionally light.

    I really like the shallow JDM style spool and I think for Ultra light fishing may be something that spool design could spoil a person.

    The reel looks very nice and the fit and finish on everything is superb, Feels super smooth so I am pleased with my purchase although actually I was not planning on buying a reel for a couple of months.

    Had to share as this will probably be the only new flagship reel I ever buy probably but the pricing was too good not to buy it.
    I could never see me spending what this type of reel normally sells for for how I fish. I do try to take care of my stuff though and have ultra light rods and reels that I have had forever that are still like new so I hope to enjoy this for a long time.

    May have to up the ante a little on the rod this finds to be its permanent home. Buy a Luvias for the rod I have already ordered and buy a bit higher end rod for the new Exist.
    What kind of rabbit hole has this poor boy entered? lol!
    Big congrats! That is a very fine instrument. I am yet to own a flagship reel.......been fixated on rods. But will eventually get one. Shallow spools are the only way to go when fishing UL. The warranty is good to have on that and the fact Daiwa USA will service it. Iím sure the reel will give you years and years of service.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Likes vfourmax LIKED above post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whilst fighting a good smallie on 3lb line, I remembered the backwind trick. Having watched many of Randy's videos, include fish-fighting and seen the continuous slipping drag problem, using a reel that has the option to switch off the AR is very useful.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allsorts View Post
    Whilst fighting a good smallie on 3lb line, I remembered the backwind trick. Having watched many of Randy's videos, include fish-fighting and seen the continuous slipping drag problem, using a reel that has the option to switch off the AR is very useful.
    Yeah it seems more reels are showing up without the anti-reverse switch. I still need more experience using the 2# test ester mono. Depending on rod I am using the rod deflection changes my drag adjustment quite a bit. The Fine Tail Banshee 6í 7Ē model works out very well using the line...much softer action. But soon I will set the drag and check it on each rod with the Bous Drag Checker. It hopefully will be shipped this week. I just want to set it at 25 percent of breaking strength and know for sure that is what it is at. The white bass are thick below Nickajack Dam and they are a good fish to check out drag settings on......LOL.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP