SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 988

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

  1. #691
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Received a payment request for the corto. Also got shipping notice for the tict rod.

    When I was looking for the tict last week I emailed plat to see when they could get one. Just got an email from them that said they wouldn't have any until end of April.

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just received my payment request for the 7.4 Corto, and in another bit of good news, won a Trout Magnet rod from Alphahawk on his You Tube Channel Giveaway. If you have not checked his videos out, you really should take a look if you are interested in going down the JDM road. Lots of good information. Yesterday afternoon I put the 6.10 Corto through its paces, was a little underpowered on the line but enjoyed the pull of several nice bass, all 3 species, and did land a 15.5in Smallie with the 2.3lb Ester. What a rush!
    Likes D10 LIKED above post

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hadn’t thought I would want to buy a JDM rod for float fishing but I think I am going to... I generally use a 6’8” ultra light fenwick river runner but I would love to turn it into a comparable JDM rod... any suggestions? I’d love to stay around the same length and I am fine with going up to 300 or so on it...

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kuttawa, Ky
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I float fish with my 7'3 Triplecross quite often and it performs superb. I also plan on float fishing with my Finetail area SUL rod...Float fishing is a HUGE part of my shellcracker approach. I do wonder if the Rayz Alter Tenryu will work for float fishing.
    Likes VaCrappieMan LIKED above post

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My dad has been float fishing with his triple cross... it is the same model you have... I suppose it is an option but leaning towards a blue current?

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    3,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I hadnt thought I would want to buy a JDM rod for float fishing but I think I am going to... I generally use a 68 ultra light fenwick river runner but I would love to turn it into a comparable JDM rod... any suggestions? Id love to stay around the same length and I am fine with going up to 300 or so on it...
    I look at the term "Float Rod" as one to use with a longer length..in the 9 foot range...to fish for trout...or doing the Float'N Fly method on Smallies. The 9 footer helping you to take pressure off big trout...or Smailles....when using light line. Of course it could be used for any specie when fishing under a float where you need to make some sort of cast with a fixed float and still have the float set pretty deep. I left it on the river bank years back...a Browning 9 foot Float Rod...that was the name of the rod...LOL. It was not the same as they sell now, the Six Rivers Rods. The replacement for that rod is an 8' 3" Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ Long cast. Weighing in at only 72 grams it sure is easy on the arms. But might be overkill for a float rod. It is really meant as a jigging rod and I must admit I rarely use it. If I ever seriously take up vertical jigging it sure would be the ticket though.

    Regards

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The length could come in handy but as the water rises I fish under more over hanging limbs than I would care to... I do fish with a float quite a bit... something about that float hoping or going under... I’ll keep looking but I certainly wouldn’t mind it to have the same bending curve as my river runner...

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    3,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    The length could come in handy but as the water rises I fish under more over hanging limbs than I would care to... I do fish with a float quite a bit... something about that float hoping or going under... I’ll keep looking but I certainly wouldn’t mind it to have the same bending curve as my river runner...
    I must admit I very rarely use a float. I just love to work the jig. But in a few months Center Hill Lake will be raised back to normal pool for the first time in over a decade. It is going to be off the charts good fishing, but the bluegill...crappie.....will be up in the trees. I will be forced to use a float in a whole lot of the lake. It will fish totally different than what we have had for the past 11 years. I may even need to step up to a reel with some of the Troutist Area Meister line in 4# test spooled up. I am thinking maybe that line.....using the 610 Corto...I can get them headed my way before they head deeper into the trees. Those of us who fish that lake have been waiting for this a long time. I was beginning to wonder would I ever see it back to normal pool in my life time. If the lake fishes as it did before in the summertime one could easily catch 50-100 spotted bass a day....many of them in the 11-12 inch range but for an UL angler that is a lot of fun. So I guess now I need to go back to ordering some good floats.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  9. #699
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Keep me updated on your float hunt! I can’t cast my jig as far as the float... a lot of times the fish are out of my reach with a jig casting... I am throwing the float a long ways and yesterday I used the Corto as my float rod and it did okay just a little much backbone for my float rod... I set the hook like Roland Martin most of the time because sometimes it’s hard to keep all the slack out of the line if the fish barely want it moving and there is a bit of current... I need the rod to have backbone around half way down not 15% down haha...

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I must admit I very rarely use a float. I just love to work the jig. But in a few months Center Hill Lake will be raised back to normal pool for the first time in over a decade. It is going to be off the charts good fishing, but the bluegill...crappie.....will be up in the trees. I will be forced to use a float in a whole lot of the lake. It will fish totally different than what we have had for the past 11 years. I may even need to step up to a reel with some of the Troutist Area Meister line in 4# test spooled up. I am thinking maybe that line.....using the 610 Corto...I can get them headed my way before they head deeper into the trees. Those of us who fish that lake have been waiting for this a long time. I was beginning to wonder would I ever see it back to normal pool in my life time. If the lake fishes as it did before in the summertime one could easily catch 50-100 spotted bass a day....many of them in the 11-12 inch range but for an UL angler that is a lot of fun. So I guess now I need to go back to ordering some good floats.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    Randy, the troutist area master is a fantastic line. I use the 2.5 lb test for float fishing for stocked trout on my small stream UL setup. I drift a .5 g jig head with a trout magnet or simply salmon eggs under a small float... I ordered a bunch of owner small float and glad I did because they seem out of stock for a while now ...


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP