SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 989

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deleted by MtnFisher
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MtnFisher; 02-16-2020 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Edit

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    If you are looking to go light in an 8 foot rod take a look at this one. You are being redirected...

    It is 8' 3" and weighs in at 2.5 ounces. The Major Craft rods in 8 foot lengths will not be light.

    Regards
    After much advice and research from this forum, Alphahawk and others I pulled the trigger on a Yamaga BlueCurrent JH-Special 71/TZ NANO, the last one in stock on Digitaka. They make it easy btw.

    I think the 7'1" rod length and light weight will make for less fatigue when pitching those 1/32 jigs for trout. Line will most likely be Sunline 2.5lb nylon.

    Will be watching the JDM sites for a 20 Daiwa Luvias 2000LTS, guess everyone is back ordered.

    Thank you all for the good info.


  3. #633
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    3,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    After much advice and research from this forum, Alphahawk and others I pulled the trigger on a Yamaga BlueCurrent JH-Special 71/TZ NANO, the last one in stock on Digitaka. They make it easy btw.

    I think the 7'1" rod length and light weight will make for less fatigue when pitching those 1/32 jigs for trout. Line will most likely be Sunline 2.5lb nylon.

    Will be watching the JDM sites for a 20 Daiwa Luvias 2000LTS, guess everyone is back ordered.

    Thank you all for the good info.
    Congrats.....a fantastic rod.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  4. #634
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Conway, Arkansas
    Posts
    4,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    After much advice and research from this forum, Alphahawk and others I pulled the trigger on a Yamaga BlueCurrent JH-Special 71/TZ NANO, the last one in stock on Digitaka. They make it easy btw.

    I think the 7'1" rod length and light weight will make for less fatigue when pitching those 1/32 jigs for trout. Line will most likely be Sunline 2.5lb nylon.

    Will be watching the JDM sites for a 20 Daiwa Luvias 2000LTS, guess everyone is back ordered.

    Thank you all for the good info.
    I have that rod and it is my favorite and my go to rod. It is super sensitive and has surprising amount of rigidity and flex once a load is put on it (if that makes any sense). A 1-3 pound bass on the rod is a blast! I like the rod so much that I have been mulling over whether or not to get a shorter version of the same rod for lighter applications (58 TZ or 62 TZ Nano). If you haven’t already purchased some 3 or 4 pound PE (braid), do your self a favor and order some. The PE line really makes this rod shine. You will not regret your choice in rods.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - matthew.schroeder@agfc.ar.gov

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    3,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    I have that rod and it is my favorite and my go to rod. It is super sensitive and has surprising amount of rigidity and flex once a load is put on it (if that makes any sense). A 1-3 pound bass on the rod is a blast! I like the rod so much that I have been mulling over whether or not to get a shorter version of the same rod for lighter applications (58 TZ or 62 TZ Nano). If you haven’t already purchased some 3 or 4 pound PE (braid), do your self a favor and order some. The PE line really makes this rod shine. You will not regret your choice in rods.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    I have......or did have.....the 6’ 10” and 6’ 5” TZ. I used the 6’ 10” back in 2016 to land 350 Smallies in a 5 day period on Dale Hollow. As you stated it will bend into a nice curve when a fish is on. Those rods are uber sensitive. Not many folks head to Dale Hollow to fish a Trout Magnet for Smallies with an UL rod. That rod strung up with the Trout Magnet SOS 2# test was just the ticket for that. I gave the 6’ 5” model to the guy that rigged my boat and I just recently sold the 6’ 10” model to buy more gear. But in the near future I will pick up a new TZ Nano.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app






  6. #636
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    2,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So how would you compare the Yamaga Blanks 6.10 that you sold to the 6.10 Corto? Just curious because there is a price difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  7. #637
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    3,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    So how would you compare the Yamaga Blanks 6.10 that you sold to the 6.10 Corto? Just curious because there is a price difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    The Blue Current TZ is probably the most sensitive rod I have owned. That all has to do with the blank.....tubular tip. I have mentioned before that when you get into the high end rods you can get to splitting hairs. But the BC TZ is at the pinnacle of sensitivity of the rods I have owned. The Corto.....while very sensitive....is not same league as the BC. But the Corto has an impeccable build quality and if you lay both rods down beside each other you can see the small differences......which is odd as both are “Made in Japan” rods. The Corto has much more flex and forgiveness than the TZ. I still feel the 18 Corto is the best rod for the money one can get out of Japan. I sold the TZ as I could move it quick.....my nephew wanted it in case he broke his first one.....and I knew I had an excellent rod in the Corto to do what I would do with the TZ.....although it does fish somewhat different. When you have gone though a lot of high end rods you can notice the difference in them...even though it may be subtle. I no longer have an tubular tip Ajing rod in my arsenal and now that I am starting to fish hard baits more often I need one. The TZ will work a hard bait much better than the Corto.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app





    Likes StantheMan2567 LIKED above post

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    N GA
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    After much advice and research from this forum, Alphahawk and others I pulled the trigger on a Yamaga BlueCurrent JH-Special 71/TZ NANO, the last one in stock on Digitaka. They make it easy btw.

    I think the 7'1" rod length and light weight will make for less fatigue when pitching those 1/32 jigs for trout. Line will most likely be Sunline 2.5lb nylon.

    Will be watching the JDM sites for a 20 Daiwa Luvias 2000LTS, guess everyone is back ordered.

    Thank you all for the good info.
    I also have that rod, and I really like mine. I use it with small plugs for river trout, as well as for casting jigs for crappie, and it excels for both. I have a 15 Luvias 2004H reel on it, but I think I will put my new 20 Luvias 2000s on the Yamaga. I'll put the 2004H on my new MC Triple-Cross dock-shooter and drop-shot rod . The new Luvias is 34 grams lighter, and lower retrieve, so it makes more sense to put it on the TZ NANO. I also use the PE line, I like the Unitika Nightgame in 3 lb (40% off right now at Plat). Good luck, hope to see some fish pics after you get it.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been trying to do research on jdm rods as time persists. What would you guys suggest for a 6.5-7' rod, something similar to what a light/fast action St Croix panfish rod would be. Ultra light would be ok, but I think I would like to lean towards the heavier end, use 4-6 lb test line. Would pair it with a lt 1000 sized reel. Something with a high build quality is what I'm after.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The 6’10” Olympic Corto is a great rod that I believe is rated up to 4lb line .5g - 8g... a 1000 series size reel is perfect on it... I have used this rod to catch bluegill, bass, and trout... I feel as if it is of high quality and feels much better than my 7ft St Croix Trout Rod (light) or my 6’9” St Croix Panfish Series Rod (ultra light)... Cost is around $250
    Thanks Veedo thanked you for this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP