SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tulsa trout

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Tulsa trout

    Has anyone fished the Gardens pond at Lafortune park in Tulsa? Its stocked every winter with rainbow trout. I'm wondering if anyone has caught trout there in the summer months. They stock roughly 2,100 trout in 3 stockings so curious if anyone thinks some survived to the summer and are catchable.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Around here all of the lake stocked rainbow trout die off as soon as the water warms up in the summer. I think that's why they stock them every year. It could be different down there but I would think fishing them would be better in cooler water months

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSE View Post
    Around here all of the lake stocked rainbow trout die off as soon as the water warms up in the summer. I think that's why they stock them every year. It could be different down there but I would think fishing them would be better in cooler water months

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    I'm sure it is better big time. Just think it odd that they would die then restock knowing anything not caught by spring just die. There are a few spring fed small lakes around here that have trout because the water always stays cooler, but this pond I'm referring to is pretty small and will warm quickly.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a Sharknado, fighting off sharks
    Posts
    7,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAFishBarn View Post
    Just think it odd that they would die then restock knowing anything not caught by spring just die.
    The ones that are caught just die, too.

    Trout are easy to raise in hatcheries. Stocking them in the winter is a common practice all over the country.
    Future moderator of the “Does My Big Toe Look Infected To You? (PIC HEAVY) forum
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    The ones that are caught just die, too.

    Trout are easy to raise in hatcheries. Stocking them in the winter is a common practice all over the country.
    Ah ok. Well yeah they die in the end no matter what! Was just thinking how it could ruin the fishery with tons of dead fish rotting in it.

    But I went today with the fly rod and got 3 greenies, 2 bluegill, and 1 largemouth!

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAFishBarn View Post
    Ah ok. Well yeah they die in the end no matter what! Was just thinking how it could ruin the fishery with tons of dead fish rotting in it
    After the anglers, catfish, bass and turtles are finished there is not much left.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie84 View Post
    After the anglers, catfish, bass and turtles are finished there is not much left.
    So hit the stocked ponds quick before they get caught, eaten, or die. Ok I will do that this winter!

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Paris, Texas
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Head down to Beavers Bend


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txsuddeth View Post
    Head down to Beavers Bend


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    Where is that at?

    Also I have a wife and kids and cant take huge fishing trips right now. That's why I'm looking for local places.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app






  10. #10
    hdhntr's Avatar
    hdhntr is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    valley park, mo
    Posts
    2,617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They raise many thousands at the trout parks in MO, stock the urban areas for us to catch as they have an abundance. Most are caught within first few weeks and few that are left die off as water warms as one said. no waste in wild as they are devoured by bird, turtles and fish if not humans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP