SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379386387388389
Results 3,881 to 3,888 of 3888

Thread: Lake Eufaula archives

  1. #3881
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    No size limits on Eufaula. Bundle up though....it'll be chilly.
    well hopefully it will be nice and warm inside!!

  2. #3882
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got a report for you, but you aint gunna like it!~ Gaines creek, carpet shad 1 to 2 inches long at 10-12 feet deep mile after mile, makes jug fisherman happy and crappie fisherman sad.
    Likes ckcg4, Redge, fishn_a_ledge, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

  3. #3883
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Water 42, vis 12 inches. You can see the crappie at 15 to 12 feet deep but they aren't biting jigs well, at least while I was there. Caught 4
    Likes ckcg4, Redge, milliman3216 LIKED above post
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

  4. #3884
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, and forget using shad that didnt even work as well as using jigs. Tho if your after catfish....
    Likes Redge, fishn_a_ledge LIKED above post

  5. #3885
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Near Lake Eufaula
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    Oh, and forget using shad that didnt even work as well as using jigs. Tho if your after catfish....
    Don't want any bottom feeders. Surely it's got to pick up sometime. Water is down too.

    Thanks for report Fishers!!

  6. #3886
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lake Eufaula, OK
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm waiting on a warm(er) day when I'm off and I have the itch. Don't know where I'm going to even go as I don't usually winter fish. I want to start, because I now have the year round crappie fishing itch.
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

  7. #3887
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post
    I'm waiting on a warm(er) day when I'm off and I have the itch. Don't know where I'm going to even go as I don't usually winter fish. I want to start, because I now have the year round crappie fishing itch.
    Kaw has been my favorite lake for winter fishing, Eufaula least favorite. I dont know why, but I cant seem to put any kind of winter pattern together at Eufaula. The only reason I went on this last trip was to get out of the wind. Gaines creek area lets you find cover from almost any wind direction. Keystone, Skiatook and Fort Gibson can be good in winter too if the water is stable and clear. I take a chainsaw and galvanized heavy gauge wire with me when I go out in winter, if the fishing stinks, it turns into a brush day.
    Likes Redge, IkenI, ckcg4, minnowtime, Crappie ciller and 2 others LIKED above post

  8. #3888
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lake Eufaula, OK
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    Kaw has been my favorite lake for winter fishing, Eufaula least favorite. I dont know why, but I cant seem to put any kind of winter pattern together at Eufaula. The only reason I went on this last trip was to get out of the wind. Gaines creek area lets you find cover from almost any wind direction. Keystone, Skiatook and Fort Gibson can be good in winter too if the water is stable and clear. I take a chainsaw and galvanized heavy gauge wire with me when I go out in winter, if the fishing stinks, it turns into a brush day.
    Thanks for the info. Anyone have any tips for Eufaula winter fishing? Find the shad? Standing timber with some depth?

    I live on the north end, bit fish all parts of Eufaula. So any tips would be appreciated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP