SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ideas for adding a cup holder

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ideas for adding a cup holder

    I am wanting to add cup holders to the base pole of my spyder locks. I have the holders i want (they will accomodate a yeti type large cup), but cant seem to find the type of offset flat metal hook or other things to attach, I have searched google but dont know the name of what it is I am looking for. Found a couple of things but not wanting to pay 40$ for them

    Any and all ideas welcome.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    camden,tn
    Posts
    4,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I made some at work,if you know someone that works at a metal shop it should be easy.I even made bouy holders,pliers, and nail clipper holdersName:  Screenshot_20190414-214733.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  49.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20190414-214858.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  59.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20190414-214840.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  37.8 KB

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes crappiejim LIKED above post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    I made some at work,if you know someone that works at a metal shop it should be easy.I even made bouy holders,pliers, and nail clipper holdersName:  Screenshot_20190414-214733.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  49.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20190414-214858.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  59.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20190414-214840.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  37.8 KB

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    It looks like you just use some clamps is that basically what it was thatís what I was thinking of I just wanted to offset the cupholder a little bit away from the pole that way your yeti cup would sit in it



    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Check out the robocup double cup holder on amazon. Iíve been using one for 3-4 years now and it clamps on my spyder locks with ease. Very happy with it. I would post a pic, but donít seem to be able to with my phone these days. Theyíre around $25 I think.
    Likes crappiejim LIKED above post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Southaven, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here ya go, Jimmy. Try this one. Cup holders are from Office Depot (pencil holders)with 24" cable ties. CHEAP FIX! Mine work great!Name:  20190415_081002.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  182.3 KB

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Likes blueball, crappiejim LIKED above post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    Check out the robocup double cup holder on amazon. Iíve been using one for 3-4 years now and it clamps on my spyder locks with ease. Very happy with it. I would post a pic, but donít seem to be able to with my phone these days. Theyíre around $25 I think.
    I just ordered 2 of those off basspro. Thanks for the tip


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    2014 Stinger 195
    Drift master rod holders

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    Check out the robocup double cup holder on amazon. Iíve been using one for 3-4 years now and it clamps on my spyder locks with ease. Very happy with it. I would post a pic, but donít seem to be able to with my phone these days. Theyíre around $25 I think.
    I have seen these but reviews say the bottom is not big enough for a yeti rambler
    But Iím going to BPS today and look


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappiejim View Post
    I have seen these but reviews say the bottom is not big enough for a yeti rambler
    But Iím going to BPS today and look


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    I put my 20 oz in there and itís fine, the bigger one though will sit in there but itís not super stable.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieJason View Post
    I just ordered 2 of those off basspro. Thanks for the tip


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    No problem


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    camden,tn
    Posts
    4,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappiejim View Post
    It looks like you just use some clamps is that basically what it was thatís what I was thinking of I just wanted to offset the cupholder a little bit away from the pole that way your yeti cup would sit in it



    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I rolled pieces like these and made some mounting brackets and welded everything togetherName:  20190415_112635.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  73.4 KB

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes Speck, "G", crappiejim LIKED above post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP