SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nighttime Crappie Fishing Tips….?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    liberty north carolina
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder8 View Post
    I would suggest that you anchor off the bow and the stern. This holds the boat steady. Also paint your rod tips flat white.

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I use the bobber lights on my rods


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Jdm1971 LIKED above post

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Iredell Co. NC
    Posts
    2,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pond Pounder

    Which lake do you fish?
    Here's an article written by a member Rango who wrote the book on nightfishing. Sadly he passed away recently but many of us learned from him thru this article and/or fishing with him.

    Please Wait... | Cloudflare
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I live about 10 minutes away from Jordan Lake, so it’s my default crappie lake. I’m a lifelong multi-species fisherman, but just started pursuing crappie a few years back. My very first outing, I accidentally dropped one of my rods in the water, so it may still be somewhere near the 64 bridge, lol…

    I fish with ultralight rods a lot and love to catch panfish. Crappie are a nice go between bluegill and bass and definitely takes some patience and skill to learn how to fish for them properly. I’d love to be able to get to the point to be able to consistently fill a stronger full of keepers every time I go out for them. But that may take a few more years of learning before I get there. But I will get there eventually.

    Thanks for all of the info. Looking forward to experimenting with it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rowan County, NC Home lake: High Rock
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good to be seen. Look for a PM
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rowan County, NC Home lake: High Rock
    Posts
    5,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polarcrafter View Post
    I seconds Kunes "good to see you back" I been wondering where you were, Still cooking fish like the old days?
    No, but still thinking about it.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Norman, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    No, but still thinking about it.

    We’d thought you’d been MIA had i not see you on NCHF ��

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreednNC View Post
    We’d thought you’d been MIA had i not see you on NCHF ��
    Went out with Mac Crappie last night on Shearon Harris. After the idiots skiing around us finally left, we got settled in and down to business. Missed a bunch and had a number of catfish in the mix, but ended up with 10 keepers for the box, plus a few perch for catfish bait. I think I’m finally starting to get the hang of this nighttime fishing… Thanks, Jim, for showing me the ropes!

    Name:  IMG_7268.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  23.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_7274.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  90.4 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes turkeyfootnc, kunes, Jdm1971, Clod, Reelescape LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    liberty north carolina
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pond_Pounder View Post
    Went out with Mac Crappie last night on Shearon Harris. After the idiots skiing around us finally left, we got settled in and down to business. Missed a bunch and had a number of catfish in the mix, but ended up with 10 keepers for the box, plus a few perch for catfish bait. I think I’m finally starting to get the hang of this nighttime fishing… Thanks, Jim, for showing me the ropes!

    Name:  IMG_7268.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  23.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_7274.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  90.4 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No problem glad we got on some


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Newport, SC
    Posts
    5,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dang, you are lucky to get special training. Glad you had a great guy to show you a few things. I have never been offered a seat in his boat when he was fishing, but he will let me lean against it when parking at the ramp. As long as I stay away from the tires! Glad you'll got a few good fish for the ride home!

    Name:  she ready to go fishing.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  58.0 KB

    Mac always get to rub my belly for luck!
    Likes mac crappie, Jdm1971 LIKED above post

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    liberty north carolina
    Posts
    2,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgg View Post
    Dang, you are lucky to get special training. Glad you had a great guy to show you a few things. I have never been offered a seat in his boat when he was fishing, but he will let me lean against it when parking at the ramp. As long as I stay away from the tires! Glad you'll got a few good fish for the ride home!

    Name:  she ready to go fishing.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  58.0 KB

    Mac always get to rub my belly for luck!
    Thnxs dawgg for the kind words


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP