SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Summer Northern Snakehead Fishing Compilation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Summer Northern Snakehead Fishing Compilation

    Welp, let's see how many folks likes/dislikes this amazing fighting fish... here's a compilation video of my catching a ton of snakeheads from 2019


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are they considered an invasive species there in NJ? If so, I hope you dispatched them rather than released them.
    Bluegill still fear me...but the crappie are not laughing quite as loudly as they used to.

    Ya gotta do what you have to do before you can do what you wanna do.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They are an invasive specie for sure! they don't belong here like largemouth bass nor smallmouth bass as these 3 species were introduced... just the latter two were done by people who wanted to make money in the sport fishing industry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rawr215 View Post
    They are an invasive specie for sure! they don't belong here like largemouth bass nor smallmouth bass as these 3 species were introduced... just the latter two were done by people who wanted to make money in the sport fishing industry.
    It's refreshing to see someone educated on the subject and not driven by media fear and propaganda. These days almost every fish that people catch is/was invasive at some point and they don't even know it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I dont know whether to be excited or disgusted by that video. Seeing them fight looks good. I know they are good to eat...I am mostly against any non native animals here.
    Work 'em in and cut 'em down

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    6,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amazing!
    Thanks rawr215 thanked you for this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
    I dont know whether to be excited or disgusted by that video. Seeing them fight looks good. I know they are good to eat...I am mostly against any non native animals here.
    So I take it you're also against largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, rock bass, bluegill, green sunfish, black crappie, white crappie, northern pike, musky, rainbow trout, and brown trout? All of those fish are non native to New Jersey as well.
    Likes rawr215 LIKED above post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rawr215 View Post
    Welp, let's see how many folks likes/dislikes this amazing fighting fish... here's a compilation video of my catching a ton of snakeheads from 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurLK11 View Post
    So I take it you're also against largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, rock bass, bluegill, green sunfish, black crappie, white crappie, northern pike, musky, rainbow trout, and brown trout? All of those fish are non native to New Jersey as well.
    Wow! A new post from NJ! That said and fighting abilities aside, we also have to consider how they balance in the mix. If too many of them wipe out the other guys that’s not good - I don’t know if many studies have been done. Fish on and have fun!
    Bob

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Wow! A new post from NJ! That said and fighting abilities aside, we also have to consider how they balance in the mix. If too many of them wipe out the other guys that’s not good - I don’t know if many studies have been done. Fish on and have fun!
    Bob
    In our state, they have hardly done much studies. it's a shame how our state doesn't want to do the studies. Every species of fish can and will impact a body of water. The question is how, but without the right tools and the right amount of time to observe, it's really hard for anyone to say what would happen.

    Based on my observations, I believe that without human interaction to help control the population, NJ waters would have been taken over by snakeheads. Plenty of places where people catch and harvest this wonderful fighting and eating fish. They will just keep on reproducing as they can be in waters that no other big predatory fish can (other than bowfins as they also breathe air directly), and is difficult for humans to go or fish.

    As a multispecies angler, I love to target and fish snakeheads.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP