SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: recipes

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    11,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    cooked up about 4 doz. of the ABT's yesterday-they were a big hit!I took the liberty of changing it a little,and I also cooked of some chorizo sausage and added to the mix.

    Some people will be feeling it today!
    Do you have a recipe for the chorizo or where do you buy?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Plattsburg,mo-near K.C.
    Posts
    2,974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just buy it,local wal-mart carries it..they have a lot of hispanic items...good stuff

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We had a fish fry Saturday and I fried Mushpuppies. I modified the recipe and included a 4 1/4 oz can of chopped green chili peppers for 2 batches of mushpuppies. They were a big hit.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iberia Mo
    Posts
    11,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Crappie Chowder...A Recipe That Even Kids Love

    Crappie Chowder
    24 Crappie Fillets
    5 Medium Potatoes (cubed)
    2 Medium Onions (chopped)
    1 Carrot (chopped)
    1 Celery Stick (chopped)
    2 chicken Bouillon Cubes
    3 Tablespoons Butter
    4 Ounces Velveeta Cheese
    4 Ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 Pint Half & Half
    1 Pint Milk
    2 Cups Water
    1 teaspoon Salt
    1 Teaspoon Pepper

    Put potatoes, onions, carrot, celery, water, salt and pepper in a large pot. Cover pot and cook until vegetables are tender. Add crappie fillets and bouillon cubes and cover over medium heat until crappie flakes. Stir occasionally. When crappie flakes, add both cheeses and butter and cook on a low heat until they melt. Then, add Half & Half and milk. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

    www.simplycrappie.com

    http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie
    Likes Slappinslabskj LIKED above post

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1. Go to crappie camp
    2. Catch or know someboby that catches crappy!!
    3.find somebody that has andy's fish seasonin!!
    4. Give that person a beer!!!
    5. N beg em for a taste or the deep fryed greatness that is crappy!!!!

    6. Hope you get to eat crappy again!!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    5,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty 79 View Post
    1. Go to crappie camp
    2. Catch or know someboby that catches crappy!!
    3.find somebody that has andy's fish seasonin!!
    4. Give that person a beer!!!
    5. N beg em for a taste or the deep fryed greatness that is crappy!!!!

    6. Hope you get to eat crappy again!!!
    amen!
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Platte City Mo. by the water tower
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    or a bottle of snake bite medicine can help on any day
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    5,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUESKEETER View Post
    or a bottle of snake bite medicine can help on any day
    I agree!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mo. Barry Co.
    Posts
    17,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    some gravy to try on fish. Heat 1/4 cup of fish frying oil in large skillet on medium high. Add 3 Tbs of flour to hot oil. Stir until well mixed.
    Add sliced onions. Continue stirring until onions and flour are golden brown. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomato paste and mix in.
    Add 2 1/2 C water. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and hot pepper. Stir.
    Taste. Add more salt and seasoned salt if desired.Return to boil. Reduce heat to medium to low. Simmer until gravy has thickened slice some tomatoes, get some biscuits, and taters, put all on plate, and cover fish,tomatoes, and taters with the gravy, sop up with biscits. bloody good

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    11,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    some gravy to try on fish. Heat 1/4 cup of fish frying oil in large skillet on medium high. Add 3 Tbs of flour to hot oil. Stir until well mixed.
    Add sliced onions. Continue stirring until onions and flour are golden brown. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomato paste and mix in.
    Add 2 1/2 C water. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and hot pepper. Stir.
    Taste. Add more salt and seasoned salt if desired.Return to boil. Reduce heat to medium to low. Simmer until gravy has thickened slice some tomatoes, get some biscuits, and taters, put all on plate, and cover fish,tomatoes, and taters with the gravy, sop up with biscits. bloody good
    how much tomato paste? Sounds good!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP