SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Xpress 18 pfc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Miamitown, Ohio
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Xpress 18 pfc

    I am starting to shop for my retirement boat, currently in a Tracker pt175 which I like but looking for something wider and more stable in a aluminum mod v type boat, I've looked at War eagles, Crestliners, G3 but really like the Xpress pfc models they are much wider, heavier have sea deck standard and with the stepped haul design seem like they would be a much stablier boat then my tracker. Does any one own one or know someone who does? I don't want to make a $35,000 mistake plus Xpress is running 12-18months behind on orders

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Rembert
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I previously owned a 2002 H50 Xpress which had the 16' Hyperlift hull. I loved the boat but it didn't have a live well and the motor was tiller steer. The boat was heavy but well built, I have no complaints. With that being said, I actually think Xpress boats are actually build a little better now since they had some quality issues in the early 2000s. I will say one thing, look at the G3 boats next to the Xpress. I think G3 is making a real good, well built boat right now, at least as good as Xpress and with Yamaha motors on the back of both, you can't go wrong. Also I recommend getting a I-beam style aftermarket trailer rather than the trailer either boat comes on, those box tube trailers are not as good as an I-beam trailer.
    Thanks Mbsbeek thanked you for this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Miamitown, Ohio
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A heavier boat is one thing I want, the Tracker becomes a sail boat with the smallest of breezes, I looked at G3 catalogs but they looked to similar to my Tracker, Im also a member of teh Xpress owners group on facebook, just to see what people shout about and have seen many issues with there trailers. Heck I haul my Tracker all over the se corner of the country with no trailer issues.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Miamitown, Ohio
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling Man View Post
    I previously owned a 2002 H50 Xpress which had the 16' Hyperlift hull. I loved the boat but it didn't have a live well and the motor was tiller steer. The boat was heavy but well built, I have no complaints. With that being said, I actually think Xpress boats are actually build a little better now since they had some quality issues in the early 2000s. I will say one thing, look at the G3 boats next to the Xpress. I think G3 is making a real good, well built boat right now, at least as good as Xpress and with Yamaha motors on the back of both, you can't go wrong. Also I recommend getting a I-beam style aftermarket trailer rather than the trailer either boat comes on, those box tube trailers are not as good as an I-beam trailer.
    Actually there is a local G3 dealer that has a 18ft pfc in stock I might go take a look, as far as quality, I noticed Yamaha now owns G3 I wonder if that will help or hinder quality? also from what I've read the G3's are also a light boat similar to my Tracker

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Rembert
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you research on both, I think they are both excellent choices. In 2019 I bought a G3 Sportsman 2100 and swapped the trailer out to a Wesco I-beam aluminum trailer and I couldn’t be happier. Regardless of what you hear about the new Yamaha SHO motor, they are really good motors. My only regret was not getting the 200 HP. My boat was rigged with a 175 and this particular G3 is very heavy, .125 aluminum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yamaha has owned G3 for a while now. I have a Sportsman 17 and couldn't be happier. Well built boat, 17ft 10 in long with a 92 inch stern. I do alot of longlining and pulling cranks while seated in the back. Wind has never been a problem.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console LVS 12 Terrova 80lb
    Camo, so the fish can't see me coming

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Miamitown, Ohio
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    Yamaha has owned G3 for a while now. I have a Sportsman 17 and couldn't be happier. Well built boat, 17ft 10 in long with a 92 inch stern. I do alot of longlining and pulling cranks while seated in the back. Wind has never been a problem.
    What year is your sportsman and what size engine? I looked at a new Sportsman 1810pfx today 29k also love the Sea Arc Bc190 and Stealth 190 saw prices run from 23k-45k for new models.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    What year is your sportsman and what size engine? I looked at a new Sportsman 1810pfx today 29k also love the Sea Arc Bc190 and Stealth 190 saw prices run from 23k-45k for new models.
    2018 with F90.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console LVS 12 Terrova 80lb
    Camo, so the fish can't see me coming

  9. #9
    "G"'s Avatar
    "G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belden, MS
    Posts
    92,575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Take a look at SeaArk ..... Great boats
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Burlison, Tennessee
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a 20' Excel and I have been really happy with it. It has a center console and the front and rear platforms have enough room to either troll or pull crankbaits. I have a 140 Suzuki and have been happy with the engine as well. It uses very little fuel and has plenty of power.

    It takes rough water very will and the sides are angled so that the splash is pushed away from the boat. My fishing partner has a War Eagle and the sides are straighter. In rough water with wind we get wet in his boat but stay dry in the same conditions in mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP