SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Finally the Roadrunners are coming

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toledo Bend In Texas
    Posts
    17,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Finally the Roadrunners are coming

    I started on this in March and finally they are on their way and I should have them by Friday or Monday at the latest.

    I will have 1/32 & 1/16 to paint and tie as you want. So custom hand tied legal Roadrunners with the Roadrunner name stamped on the blade. Not a Do-It mold that can't be sold legal, but the real deal.

    I know some were interested when I first told everyone about this, but it's finally a reality.

    Anyone want to tell me what color heads you like? Also what kind of tail and color? I would love to try some new stuff.

    Skip

    Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Green head Bright Green with red marabou and white thread... Sounds terrible, but I catch a lot of fish on jigs I tie in that color on Pines in the winter.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, NY/Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Personally I'd like to be able to get unpainted RR's. How much are you charging for them? I was just looking over your site and noticed the rabbit strip jigs. They are AWESOME! I bet they would be killer on the RR's.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northfield VT
    Posts
    12,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Skip

    I know Do-It put the warning about the Pony Head Mold but I think it's still BS about Blakemore doing that. Pony Head's have been around for a long time, even Bass Pro sells them under the name of Stump Jumper and I don't think Blakemore is going after them.

    This is as bad as the Renzetti Company telling other manufacturer's of rotary tying vices that they have to pay a royalty because they have a patent on "Bent Arm Design" which is the basis of rotary vices.

    Another one was the Erie Dearie spinner and the Zonar, neither mold is available at DO-IT anymore but they sell for big bucks on Ebay.

    I sell pony heads unpainted to my friends all the time, and I'm not going to worry about it. I've had the mold since before the warning came out in the DO-IT catalouge.

    Fatman
    Last edited by Fatman; 08-06-2008 at 11:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toledo Bend In Texas
    Posts
    17,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Skip

    I know Do-It put the warning about the Pony Head Mold but I think it's still BS about Blakemore doing that. Pony Head's have been around for a long time, even Bass Pro sells them under the name of Stump Jumper and I don't think Blakemore is going after them.

    This is as bad as the Renzetti Company telling other manufacturer's of rotary tying vices that they have to pay a royalty because they have a patent on "Bent Arm Design" which is the basis of rotary vices.

    Another one was the Erie Dearie spinner and the Zonar, neither mold is available at DO-IT anymore but they sell for big bucks on Ebay.

    I sell pony heads unpainted to my friends all the time, and I'm not going to worry about it. I've had the mold since before the warning came out in the DO-IT catalouge.

    Fatman
    FYI....Not to argue with you but the guy that use to make stump jumpers lost his business over this and he email me the info and that is how I found out about that. As for the Bass Pro Stump Jumpers they are made by Blakemore now. No one is allowed by law to sell the pony heads other than Blakemore and anyone doing so is risking more than they think.

    So I would assume that it's something you can get away with if they find out.

    Skip

    Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

  6. #6
    CrappiePappy's Avatar
    CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    19,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation Skip ....

    Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I started on this in March and finally they are on their way and I should have them by Friday or Monday at the latest.
    I will have 1/32 & 1/16 to paint and tie as you want. So custom hand tied legal Roadrunners with the Roadrunner name stamped on the blade. Not a Do-It mold that can't be sold legal, but the real deal.
    I know some were interested when I first told everyone about this, but it's finally a reality.
    Anyone want to tell me what color heads you like? Also what kind of tail and color? I would love to try some new stuff.
    Skip
    I'd like to see your versions of the "no longer produced" RR's of the past :

    Pink/Pink/Pink (all relatively the same shade of pink)
    and
    Char/Teal/Char (formerly known as "Peacock")

    You might even try a spin on one of the newer "color creations", that's gaining popularity in the plastic body world .... Popsicle
    (Purple/Pink/Char)

    (if I'm not mistaken, RR's version of "Chartreuse" is the Flo Yellow ... but, Flo Green wouldn't be a bad choice, either)

    Have fun, and happy tying :D

    ... cp

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Got some awesome RR jigs from Grand-Pa Bob's Crappie Jigs (rvhunter@aol.com) earlier this year. Gots to order some more before next spring.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toledo Bend In Texas
    Posts
    17,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I'd like to see your versions of the "no longer produced" RR's of the past :

    Pink/Pink/Pink (all relatively the same shade of pink)
    and
    Char/Teal/Char (formerly known as "Peacock")

    You might even try a spin on one of the newer "color creations", that's gaining popularity in the plastic body world .... Popsicle
    (Purple/Pink/Char)

    (if I'm not mistaken, RR's version of "Chartreuse" is the Flo Yellow ... but, Flo Green wouldn't be a bad choice, either)

    Have fun, and happy tying :D

    ... cp

    cp as soon as they get here I will see what I can do with the colors you mention.

    Skip

    Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toledo Bend In Texas
    Posts
    17,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DADAKOTA View Post
    Got some awesome RR jigs from Grand-Pa Bob's Crappie Jigs (rvhunter@aol.com) earlier this year. Gots to order some more before next spring.
    FYI...
    I hope they have Road Runner stamped on the blades or you could get him in trouble by posting his name and info like that.

    Skip

    Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a Sharknado, fighting off sharks
    Posts
    7,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    No one is allowed by law to sell the pony heads other than Blakemore and anyone doing so is risking more than they think.
    So Skip, how are you doing this? Do you have some kind of licensing agreement with Blakemore?

    Just curious.
    I cheated in a crappie tournament and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP