SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shakespeare 2052 Model EE

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton Tennessee
    Posts
    21,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Shakespeare 2052 Model EE

    I found this one hiding in a bucket at a junk shop. It was missing the bail wire. I made one out of stainless tig wire. I will have to refine it some. It isn't quite right. Yet it is serviceable Name:  20210922_171951.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  108.0 KBName:  20210922_172001.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  153.6 KB
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes S10CHEVY, Ketchn LIKED above post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WhoEee! Another find! It will be interesting in seeing how it fishes!
    Bob

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton Tennessee
    Posts
    21,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will have to get the bail wire made a little better. Then I will give it a whirl
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    13,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    tough ole birds I bet
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love these old finds. It reminds me of all the stuff I couldn’t afford when I was a kid. Believe it or not, my only spinning reel was one made by Lionel Trains. They probably sold one or two - it was a piece of junk, especially on a solid fiberglass noodle rod.
    Bob

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton Tennessee
    Posts
    21,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I love these old finds. It reminds me of all the stuff I couldn’t afford when I was a kid. Believe it or not, my only spinning reel was one made by Lionel Trains. They probably sold one or two - it was a piece of junk, especially on a solid fiberglass noodle rod.
    Bob
    I know the feeling. A zebco 202 was about the extent of my budget
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

  7. #7
    CrappiePappy's Avatar
    CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    21,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    I know the feeling. A zebco 202 was about the extent of my budget
    Wait, WHAT ??? You had a "budget"

    Dude ... I was 18yrs old and working before I could even think about buying any fishing equipment. All the rods/reels I had before that belonged to my Grandparents, and I just got to use them whenever they took me fishing.
    First reel purchase I ever made with my own earned money was a ABU Garcia 5500C baitcast reel (at the outrageous price of $50)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton Tennessee
    Posts
    21,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Wait, WHAT ??? You had a "budget"

    Dude ... I was 18yrs old and working before I could even think about buying any fishing equipment. All the rods/reels I had before that belonged to my Grandparents, and I just got to use them whenever they took me fishing.
    First reel purchase I ever made with my own earned money was a ABU Garcia 5500C baitcast reel (at the outrageous price of $50)
    Sure whatever I could afford with the proceeds of my grass cutting activities. Saint Augustin grass and a push mower. Grass so thick the mower was down on the frame the entire time. About an acre and a half. I sure have it good now. That was rough work
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP