SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: The thump

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very NICE!! Looks like they grow big and healthy in your neck of the woods. Thanks for the report on the line! Was worried a bit when you said you hoisted it up your sea wall without a net. Glad to hear it held. This line is rated up to 4 lb, just like the package says, unlike many lines in the States which provide an unspecified cushion over. Treat this line with care and respect, and it will perform and reward.
    K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing


    VARIVAS: A leading manufacturer of premium fishing line

    Likes Slab, hdhntr, chaunc LIKED above post

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmorrow View Post
    Very NICE!! Looks like they grow big and healthy in your neck of the woods. Thanks for the report on the line! Was worried a bit when you said you hoisted it up your sea wall without a net. Glad to hear it held. This line is rated up to 4 lb, just like the package says, unlike many lines in the States which provide an unspecified cushion over. Treat this line with care and respect, and it will perform and reward.
    I'm aware of the float/sink variance of mono/flouro, but does flouro have a sensitivity-edge over mono?

    u2s
    Thanks for checkin' on me! Curiosity takes me there, favorability brings me back!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Lake St Louis, mo
    Posts
    4,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just traded for a browning UL rig and not sure what lines on it but this would be the logical one to put on it. I've hoisted up trout and crappie with 2 and 4 lb line without much problem. only thing to keep aware of is clipping it off from time to time to make sure you don't have weaknesses if you've caught a few

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love the color of black crappies!! More thumps coming!!

  5. #25
    Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    7,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice thumper there. I just visited Varivas products page. Man, they have a lot of options. Do they have a hi-vis yellow mono, in 4" that would be good for jig skipping on spinning reel?

    Products - VARIVAS

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by up2specks View Post
    I'm aware of the float/sink variance of mono/flouro, but does flouro have a sensitivity-edge over mono?

    u2s

    up2specks,

    Fluorocarbon line will be more sensitive than mono nylon because it has less stretch (in most cases). This is just general statement and high grade mono/nylon could be more sensitive than a low grade fluoro line. Low-grade fluoro line, and also fluoro line that's designed with more stretch, have more 'filler' materials than a higher-grade or 'pure' fluorocarbon line. Variations in formulas can be had to make a fluoro line more manageable, castable, or sensitive; each having it's pros/cons.

    The higher density and lower perceived stretch of fluorocarbon gives more feedback to the angler than mono (nylong) because nylon, being softer, will absorb more vibration than fluoro.

    Although braided line feels softer, it has far less stretch than fluoro or mono nylon lines. This is why there is a noticeable increase in sensitivity with braided PE line.









    K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing


    VARIVAS: A leading manufacturer of premium fishing line

    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690 View Post
    Nice thumper there. I just visited Varivas products page. Man, they have a lot of options. Do they have a hi-vis yellow mono, in 4" that would be good for jig skipping on spinning reel?

    Products - VARIVAS
    Ranger690,

    The closes 4lb nylon mono line VARIVAS has to a hi-viz yellow is our champagne colored extra-low stretch Twitch Master VLS nylon. I wouldn't really call it hi-viz though. If you're looking for hi-viz, I recommend taking a look at -

    1) our Bush Trail mono nylon, a super abrasion resistance line, that provides extra durability when fishing around docks or woody areas. Color is a hi-viz orangish-pink.
    2) our Sight Edition, hi-viz, florescent green, mono nylon line.


    K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing


    VARIVAS: A leading manufacturer of premium fishing line

    Likes Slab LIKED above post
    Thanks BobC thanked you for this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 1996
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmorrow View Post
    up2specks,

    Fluorocarbon line will be more sensitive than mono nylon because it has less stretch (in most cases). This is just general statement and high grade mono/nylon could be more sensitive than a low grade fluoro line. Low-grade fluoro line, and also fluoro line that's designed with more stretch, have more 'filler' materials than a higher-grade or 'pure' fluorocarbon line. Variations in formulas can be had to make a fluoro line more manageable, castable, or sensitive; each having it's pros/cons.

    The higher density and lower perceived stretch of fluorocarbon gives more feedback to the angler than mono (nylong) because nylon, being softer, will absorb more vibration than fluoro.

    Although braided line feels softer, it has far less stretch than fluoro or mono nylon lines. This is why there is a noticeable increase in sensitivity with braided PE line.









    Great information about the different line materials. Thanks for sharing.

    And yeah, the champagne colored extra-low stretch Twitch Master is not high viz. Of the Varivas lines I've tried, it's been my favorite so far. You can still see the line, and it seemingly disappears in the water.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes kmorrow LIKED above post

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmorrow View Post
    Ranger690,

    The closes 4lb nylon mono line VARIVAS has to a hi-viz yellow is our champagne colored extra-low stretch Twitch Master VLS nylon. I wouldn't really call it hi-viz though. If you're looking for hi-viz, I recommend taking a look at -

    1) our Bush Trail mono nylon, a super abrasion resistance line, that provides extra durability when fishing around docks or woody areas. Color is a hi-viz orangish-pink.
    2) our Sight Edition, hi-viz, florescent green, mono nylon line.


    Good information. Thanks - I need the hi viz or no knot tying!
    Bob

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Good information. Thanks - I need the hi viz or no knot tying!
    Bob
    Bob,
    If 'no knot tying' is what you're after, you might like the VARIVAS Blue Moon (blue colored) fluoro line. It casts well, sinks fast, and doesn't require a leader.
    K. Morrow
    www.varivas.fishing


    VARIVAS: A leading manufacturer of premium fishing line


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP