SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Reduced Crappie Tournament Limits

  1. #21
    Cane Pole's Avatar
    Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pumphouse Tn.
    Posts
    23,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need a crappie Czar. I want the job. I bet I could improve my retirement income in a short period of time.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes M R Dux, BroKenneth, John Doe, kycreek LIKED above post

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think we should see who can ketch the smallest 5 crappie , anyone can ketch big crappie these days .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes BroKenneth, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I think we should see who can ketch the smallest 5 crappie , anyone can ketch big crappie these days .....
    I could stand a chance with that rule! Funny stuff!
    Likes Jman5626, Ketchn, DOFC LIKED above post

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I could stand a chance with that rule! Funny stuff!
    might require really light tackle and tiny jigs .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Calvert City, KY
    Posts
    1,086
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Reduced Crappie Tournament Limits

    I think itís much a do about nothing really. There really arenít that many crappie tournaments in the grand scheme of things. If it gets to be like bass tournaments on popular lakes like Kentucky/Barkley where there are five or ten tournaments every weekend it might be worth more discussion though. I personally donít keep fish to clean when fishing tournaments, I donít want to fool with anything but the seven I am going to weigh. Now all that said, I have no problem with going to five fish if that is what they decide to do. Just donít believe it will make any difference in our fisheries.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion
    Likes DOFC LIKED above post

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    I think it’s much a do about nothing really. There really aren’t that many crappie tournaments in the grand scheme of things. If it gets to be like bass tournaments on popular lakes like Kentucky/Barkley where there are five or ten tournaments every weekend it might be worth more discussion though. I personally don’t keep fish to clean when fishing tournaments, I don’t want to fool with anything but the seven I am going to weigh. Now all that said, I have no problem with going to five fish if that is what they decide to do. Just don’t believe it will make any difference in our fisheries.
    You accomplished what I wanted to say and without the sarcasm.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroKenneth View Post
    Believe me, Iím with you. If I had to pick, I would end the guide business before the tournaments. But this is a tournament discussion. We can have the other if you want.


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have an issue with your statement, even as you say itís not relevant to the topic. Who are we to say an entrepreneur cannot sell his/her services to the public if there is a demand, and surely there is? I believe most here want to preserve the resource we love - but I believe we should not let anecdotal evidence sway our opinions. We have the stateís DNRs to make that decision, and avenues to address those decisions. Im not a guide, but I know a few and they are good people doing what they love and making a few dollars doing it. I applaud that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

    Likes Jman5626, livemusic, catchNgrease LIKED above post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroKenneth View Post
    Don’t forget jigs and minnows.


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Also need to ban side imaging and down imaging fish finder units. limit each fisherman to one rod. I personally dislike all fishing tournaments, bass and crappie. But i don't think dropping the weigh in limit to 5 fish would make much of a difference. Have a slot limit. Can only weight in fish between 10-11 inches.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calhoun City
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    I have an issue with your statement, even as you say itís not relevant to the topic. Who are we to say an entrepreneur cannot sell his/her services to the public if there is a demand, and surely there is? I believe most here want to preserve the resource we love - but I believe we should not let anecdotal evidence sway our opinions. We have the stateís DNRs to make that decision, and avenues to address those decisions. Im not a guide, but I know a few and they are good people doing what they love and making a few dollars doing it. I applaud that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    You have a right to your opinion. I happen to take issue with guides exploiting public resources for personal gain. Especially on impoundments where selling such a service is technically illegal.


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes John Doe LIKED above post

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroKenneth View Post
    You have a right to your opinion. I happen to take issue with guides exploiting public resources for personal gain. Especially on impoundments where selling such a service is technically illegal.


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    How is it technically illegal?


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP