SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Disappointed

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    5,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't know about the rod. Never had anything that costly. But I own 4 Presidents and never had an issue with any of them. Sorry I couldn't add anything to help. Any chance you can take it back to the store? Sometimes they'll just swap it out being as they are already in problems over their heads. Just a thought.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks, I saw that yesterday as I registered the rod. Probably give them a call tomorrow. Does anyone else think the plastic nut and reel section is sort of cheap like? I know it’s for weight savings though.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Don't know about the rod. Never had anything that costly. But I own 4 Presidents and never had an issue with any of them. Sorry I couldn't add anything to help. Any chance you can take it back to the store? Sometimes they'll just swap it out being as they are already in problems over their heads. Just a thought.
    The store is closing and those were the last of each item. All I could do is return. I really would prefer to keep if I could fix.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My reels have an anti reverse lever but make no noise engaged or not. I have had the handle to get loose from vibration in towing or riding in the boat, but holding the reel body firmly and tuning the handle in the direction of retrieve tightens it back up, if it is loose it could be hitting the bail with each revolution.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most rods have plastic nuts holding the reel clamps.
    :I would like to thank the builders of docks for giving me a place to fish and lose tackle

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just an idea but if you applied some Teflon tape ( like used for plumbing) to the threads in the area where the nut will be once tightened, it might tighten up the slop between the nut and the handle threads thus lessening the chance of working loose.
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a Sharknado, fighting off sharks
    Posts
    7,871
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Does anyone else think the plastic nut and reel section is sort of cheap like?
    It's pretty standard. It's basically the same as GLoomis' reel seat.
    Future moderator of the “Does My Big Toe Look Infected To You? (PIC HEAVY) forum

  8. #18
    "G"'s Avatar
    "G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belden, MS
    Posts
    83,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Contact Pflueger about your reel..... Its brand new, you just bought it so there should be a warranty....Contact the Manufacturer about your rod also.
    Give their customer service a chance to work with you. Call them both and talk to them.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crappieorbust View Post
    Just an idea but if you applied some Teflon tape ( like used for plumbing) to the threads in the area where the nut will be once tightened, it might tighten up the slop between the nut and the handle threads thus lessening the chance of working loose.
    Yeah I’ve thought of that and electric tape.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Contact Pflueger about your reel..... Its brand new, you just bought it so there should be a warranty....Contact the Manufacturer about your rod also.
    Give their customer service a chance to work with you. Call them both and talk to them.
    Thats what I was going to do tomorrow. Contact both and see what they say. Hopefully there is a fix or solution otherwise I will return.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP