SLABSAUCE Sold Here |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: PowerDrive vs Terrova

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default PowerDrive vs Terrova

    What is the real difference here? Both have iPilot which is my main concern. What are the other differences? Trying to decide if the Terrova is worth the extra money

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ease of launching of the Terrova versus the PD was the deciding factor for me. Pretty sure the shaft is stronger also.

    Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1. Terrova retains the foot pedal with Ipilot.
    2. Terrova has a simpler deploy mechanism, one lever versus 2 on the PD.
    3. Terrova automatically cuts power when stowed. PD has to be disconnected manually.
    4. Some Terrova's have lift assist.
    5. My Terrova is much quieter than my old PD. Not sure if the PD V2 is quieter than the V1.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchNgrease View Post
    Ease of launching of the Terrova versus the PD was the deciding factor for me. Pretty sure the shaft is stronger also.

    Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Does the Terrova have the auto deploy or just assisted? Meaning, is this one of the TMs you can launch your boat solo and deploy by remote and spot lok until you get done parking. Like the commercials lol.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlabSeeker0485 View Post
    Does the Terrova have the auto deploy or just assisted? Meaning, is this one of the TMs you can launch your boat solo and deploy by remote and spot lok until you get done parking. Like the commercials lol.
    Ulterra is auto deploy. Terrova has optional (I think) spring assisted deploy. You still have to deploy it manually, just makes it easier to lift.
    Likes SlabSeeker0485 LIKED above post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Morrison, IL
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    Ulterra is auto deploy. Terrova has optional (I think) spring assisted deploy. You still have to deploy it manually, just makes it easier to lift.
    The Terrova that came on my boat does not have any assist. You have to lift straight up until you can fold it over. The Terrova also has a slot running along the outside of the shaft. You can run a transducer cable in the slot. I just did this for my Garmin unit. The built in us2 transducer is not chirp compatible... Just 2D sonar.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member

  7. #7
    Cray's Avatar
    Cray is online now Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Byhalia,Mississippi
    Posts
    17,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Among the other pluses of the terrors the motor is a good bit larger than the pdV2. Which to me says it will last longer


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979



    Likes "G" LIKED above post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbird68 View Post
    The Terrova that came on my boat does not have any assist. You have to lift straight up until you can fold it over. The Terrova also has a slot running along the outside of the shaft. You can run a transducer cable in the slot. I just did this for my Garmin unit. The built in us2 transducer is not chirp compatible... Just 2D sonar.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Mine doesn't either. Not sure if its standard on newer motors or just an option, but you can get it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have the pdv2 now for at least 8 years and while it does very well, I have long wished that I had spent the extra and gotten a terrova. The deploy system is one, mine is 70lb compared to 80lb, just no down side to the upgrade for me. I also don’t know if the pdv2 is link compatible which is just plain super. I say go big, you’re already home.
    Listen to your gut over all the other voices.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Leslie
    Posts
    4,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The new Terrova comes with lift assist. Basically a spring loaded type of design that cuts the weight of the unit when stowing.

    I assume the newer PD's with I pilot come with the heading sensor.

    You can get the Terrova in more configurations. I didn't want a sonar in my new one so why pay the money for it?

    Powerdrive 24v is 70lbs whereas the Terrova is 80.

    Powerdrive has shorter shaft configurations. I have both and prefer the Terrova with lift assist.

    Buy from bbgmarine.com. Brian was one of the only ones that list the sonar deleted options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP