SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Question on portable fish finders!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Question on portable fish finders!

    100M Portable Sonar Sensor Fish Finder Fishfinder Capturing Transducer Alarm New | eBay
    Has anyone used one of these or know of anyone who has used this? I have read mixed reviews and would like some feedback here. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got sucked in to buying a cheap fish finder similar to what you are looking at. I was not expensive , a little more than this one, but you get what you pay for. It would not work in colder water , battery life was horrible and just the working condition was very poor, I would not waste my money again. If I were to buy another I would save my money and get something that works. Just my two cents. good luck
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Likes crappiemax, sooners08, chaunc LIKED above post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    8,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we use several cheap versions of portables on docks and in john boats .....
    he is right you get what you pay for ....BUT....
    they show the depth and the cover and where the fish are holding .....
    and that's our only interest anyway ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Holly Springs, NC
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Depends on what you want to do. Might be good for showing how deep the water is and that's about it.
    Likes sooners08 LIKED above post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ridiculousness
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Humminbird | MHX PT

    Humminbird makes a suction cup adapter for use with an existing transducer. This is the route I took for my kayaks. This way, you don't have to have a specific unit.
    Likes sooners08 LIKED above post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glasseyes View Post
    I got sucked in to buying a cheap fish finder similar to what you are looking at. I was not expensive , a little more than this one, but you get what you pay for. It would not work in colder water , battery life was horrible and just the working condition was very poor, I would not waste my money again. If I were to buy another I would save my money and get something that works. Just my two cents. good luck
    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    Humminbird | MHX PT

    Humminbird makes a suction cup adapter for use with an existing transducer. This is the route I took for my kayaks. This way, you don't have to have a specific unit.
    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppowell View Post
    Depends on what you want to do. Might be good for showing how deep the water is and that's about it.
    I will be fishing from the shore and from a families dock!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK, maybe I will eat my words after this but I looked into what you were thinking about buying on Ebay and after some research I bought one almost exactly like it. LOL, the one I had bout several years ago was wireless and just didn't pan out to work anything like was advertised. I will find out in next couple days if this one does. I'm going to fish from docks that are over deep water in this lake and I have done well here in past through cold months but its hit or miss. The finder may help if it works.

    Oh, I paid $33for it s , no more than I pay for gas in a week.
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP