CROSMANŽ FULL AUTO AK1 Minnow bucket or aerated Frabill setup? | Muck Boots: Free Shipping on orders over $50! Minnow bucket or aerated Frabill setup? | Shop gifts for any angler at Rapala.com! Minnow bucket or aerated Frabill setup?
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Minnow bucket or aerated Frabill setup?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiln, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    if space is a issue you can do as I do and use a Cool Bubbles 1.3 gallon unit. Aerator is external, Styrofoam insulation lasts years, bait shops usually will fill it with their water. To make sure your shiners last All Day - Bait Buddies is the answer. Few know about them, even less use them, but during the summer one pair of Bait Buddies keeps 50 #4 Shiners frisky and fresh.

    BAIT-BUDDIES™ Oxygen And Water Conditioning Tablets For Use In Minnow Buckets With Live Baits
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

    "Formerly known as rojoguio"
    Likes Cajuntec LIKED above post

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Used it for the first time yesterday (tough bite) and it kept them lively all afternoon. Used the frozen pack idea (didn’t do a water bottle because I have a ton of those blue ice packs in the freezer already), and that water was super cold all day. The 1.3 gallon bucket fit nicely under my boat seat, so it stayed relatively “in the shade” all day too. Very happy with this little setup.
    All the best,
    Glenn

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rojoguio View Post
    if space is a issue you can do as I do and use a Cool Bubbles 1.3 gallon unit. Aerator is external, Styrofoam insulation lasts years, bait shops usually will fill it with their water. To make sure your shiners last All Day - Bait Buddies is the answer. Few know about them, even less use them, but during the summer one pair of Bait Buddies keeps 50 #4 Shiners frisky and fresh.

    BAIT-BUDDIES™ Oxygen And Water Conditioning Tablets For Use In Minnow Buckets With Live Baits
    The bait shop that I got my minnows from offered them to me at checkout. He said “when summer really gets here, I recommend these…”. So I know where to get them locally as well. Thanks!
    All the best,
    Glenn

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiln, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Awesome. I bought another 1.3 Cool Bubbles today as my other is so old the ribs on the bucket are cracking up. Another tip if you're interested. Buy the Quiet Bubbles Air Pump. It's the one with a larger capacity air volume. I bought the larger air stones the cylindrical ones from Academy. With the larger air volume and stone the Ammonia is further reduced by the extra bubbles carrying it to the surface and out of solution. This mod really helps.
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

    "Formerly known as rojoguio"
    Likes Cajuntec LIKED above post

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Horn Lake, MS
    Posts
    9,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd like to find a bucket that sits between my legs while in the kayak.
    I've tried the Frabill 4800 and a 6-pack cooler. Both are small but a bit too wide.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiln, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    I'd like to find a bucket that sits between my legs while in the kayak.
    I've tried the Frabill 4800 and a 6-pack cooler. Both are small but a bit too wide.
    The CB-211 Cool Bubbles is 1.3 Gallon with insulation, the bucket is 2 Gallon total.
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

    "Formerly known as rojoguio"

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiln, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

    "Formerly known as rojoguio"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    20,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just wondering this , in my back when days, it seemed to me cool minnows went into instant shock when they hit 90 degree water , most went down and within a quick second came back up dead as door nails .....how do yawl keep that from being an issue is my question ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiln, Mississippi
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bud mornings I'm going fishing using shiners the first thing I do after a cup of coffee is to catch up the shiners into the insulated bucket. The bucket is then set outside allowing the water to start warming up. Using the proper air supply (better air pumps & diffusers) Bait Buddies tablets, properly treated water all support a healthy shiner. On Ross Barnett I go to Tommy's and buy shiners first, return to my camper and proceed to treat the water before I make my coffee. I set the bucket under my camper till ready to go. A shiner out of a 55-60 degree bucket right into 90 degree surface water better be heading to 9-10ft deep ASAP. Certainly fishing the shiner as shallow as 4ft greatly increases their mortality.
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

    "Formerly known as rojoguio"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    20,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rojoguio View Post
    Bud mornings I'm going fishing using shiners the first thing I do after a cup of coffee is to catch up the shiners into the insulated bucket. The bucket is then set outside allowing the water to start warming up. Using the proper air supply (better air pumps & diffusers) Bait Buddies tablets, properly treated water all support a healthy shiner. On Ross Barnett I go to Tommy's and buy shiners first, return to my camper and proceed to treat the water before I make my coffee. I set the bucket under my camper till ready to go. A shiner out of a 55-60 degree bucket right into 90 degree surface water better be heading to 9-10ft deep ASAP. Certainly fishing the shiner as shallow as 4ft greatly increases their mortality.
    "if" some don't make it ....cut the (fresh) dead ones up and put a fresh chunk on your jig , thank me later ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP