SLABSAUCE Sold Here |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ordering worms online

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ordering worms online

    Anyone here order worms online, I am going to order some mealworms in the next few months for crappie and trout, I will probably get some Super worms to. Local worms just cost to much hear and I can get hundreds for what 2dozen cost.

    I haven't ordered any in 3-4 years, think I used that rainbow place but can't remember.anyone recommend where to get worms at or any other kind of worms they like.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Prices at rainbow re still decent, there out of superworms but I won't order until February probably.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Westminster SC
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    uncle jim's

    reds and/or crawlers


    easy to breed in two nesting plastic tubs
    Likes TWFairweather LIKED above post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    uncle jim's

    reds and/or crawlers


    easy to breed in two nesting plastic tubs
    I'll look up uncle Jim's, I always wanted to make a worm box but I always had good places to find enough worms but not where I'm living now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    9,405
    Post Thanks / Like

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWFairweather View Post
    Anyone here order worms online, I am going to order some mealworms in the next few months for crappie and trout, I will probably get some Super worms to. Local worms just cost to much hear and I can get hundreds for what 2dozen cost.

    I haven't ordered any in 3-4 years, think I used that rainbow place but can't remember.anyone recommend where to get worms at or any other kind of worms they like.
    I ordered 2000 large mealworms from Grubco about 8 years ago they still going strong.
    Likes TWFairweather LIKED above post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    I ordered 2000 large mealworms from Grubco about 8 years ago they still going strong.
    Do you breed them in the bins, how many do you get or how often. I'm not allowed worms in the house so I'll probably never try raising any lol. I looked on YouTube and there's no videos I can find on using mealworms for crappie, t hats surprising they were one of my go to for catching them lol.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone else order worms

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DO NOT ORDER FROM UNCLE JIM"S!!! You will be sorry if you do. I have ordered from them and I received red wigglers and blue worms. Blue worms are fragile and die easy. My order was contaminated with the blues. I have ordered from Bill Jacobson with Lakeshore Vermicomposting @ 920-905-1114 and was very pleased. Google his company. He sells red wigglers and European Night crawlers. I raise red wigglers for personal use and he was the best company that I have bought from. My $.02.
    Likes TWFairweather, Rob206 LIKED above post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Upstate ny, Middletown
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    DO NOT ORDER FROM UNCLE JIM"S!!! You will be sorry if you do. I have ordered from them and I received red wigglers and blue worms. Blue worms are fragile and die easy. My order was contaminated with the blues. I have ordered from Bill Jacobson with Lakeshore Vermicomposting @ 920-905-1114 and was very pleased. Google his company. He sells red wigglers and European Night crawlers. I raise red wigglers for personal use and he was the best company that I have bought from. My $.02.
    Thanks I'll check him out, the prices from uncle Jim's seemed high anyway. I've had good luck with rainbow mealworms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP