SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Asian Carp Aid

  1. #11
    CrappiePappy's Avatar
    CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    20,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If they had just not given them the name "CARP" it's likely that they would have already been a substitute food item. Maybe if they had called them Silver Skimmers or Bighead Cyprinidaes, or something "exotic" sounding (like tilapia), then people wouldn't associate them with the Common Carp ?? I know that some restaurants have done something similar, calling them KY Tuna, KY Silver Carp, Silverfin, KY Blue Snapper, or KY Flying Fish.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Itís good fried in grease


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Draffenville / Buckhorn Bay, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcounty View Post
    It’s good fried in grease


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What isn't?
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    By authority of G, no longer "Junior Member" of Team Geezer - now a Full Member.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Benton, KY
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    If they had just not given them the name "CARP" it's likely that they would have already been a substitute food item. Maybe if they had called them Silver Skimmers or Bighead Cyprinidaes, or something "exotic" sounding (like tilapia), then people wouldn't associate them with the Common Carp ?? I know that some restaurants have done something similar, calling them KY Tuna, KY Silver Carp, Silverfin, KY Blue Snapper, or KY Flying Fish.
    I don't think it matters what you call it, anything that looks like an overgrown shad is going to be hard to sell.

  5. #15
    CrappiePappy's Avatar
    CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    20,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I don't think it matters what you call it, anything that looks like an overgrown shad is going to be hard to sell.
    yeah, you're probably right .... so just don't put a picture of it on the can/pkg.
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    yeah, you're probably right .... so just don't put a picture of it on the can/pkg.
    Right!!! Just a picture of the beautiful, white fillets


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where do u sign up for the different committees Matt?


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  8. #18
    M R Dux's Avatar
    M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Benton,KY / KY Lake
    Posts
    6,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You need to contact Matt Quinn at HiTek Outdoors.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP