SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: New Garmin LS update available down.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    N GA
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It looks the same to me, we spent hours on the lake today. If you want reviews, read the old ones for v2.20, LOL. No difference in picture or gain settings, same - same. It is V2.20, but with Perspective, for whenever they ship the mounts. I have not tried Perspective mode yet; I'm waiting on the mount like most. Interested if anyone has run it in P mode? I wonder if they jacked the gain to make that feature work better, and had to put it back. Hmmm. I wonder if there is any difference now with that mode. Anyway, I ain't gonna give it too much more thought or tests, because I am going FISHING.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Austin/Texas
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    It looks the same to me, we spent hours on the lake today. If you want reviews, read the old ones for v2.20, LOL. No difference in picture or gain settings, same - same. It is V2.20, but with Perspective, for whenever they ship the mounts. I have not tried Perspective mode yet; I'm waiting on the mount like most. Interested if anyone has run it in P mode? I wonder if they jacked the gain to make that feature work better, and had to put it back. Hmmm. I wonder if there is any difference now with that mode. Anyway, I ain't gonna give it too much more thought or tests, because I am going FISHING.
    I was not necessarily looking for improvement on the past version but a fix on the bad update so if it is as good as prior to the bad update then I am ecstatic. Thanks for posting. Our lakes are shut down to middle of April, as of now.


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blood River, KY Lake
    Posts
    384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Help me out here, does the on screen menu have a option for perspective mode or does the unit automatically detect the transducer orientation?

    I am waiting on the mount, did the update yesterday, says the GLS10 is version 2.33, I don't think it changed the 93sv version still says 11/20?

    Fished 5 hours yesterday, ghost tree is gone, frickin Asian carp still dominate the screen here on KY lake.
    2017 Ranger RT188C Shadow Grass Camo
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Olive Branch, MS
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northforker View Post
    Help me out here, does the on screen menu have a option for perspective mode or does the unit automatically detect the transducer orientation?

    I am waiting on the mount, did the update yesterday, says the GLS10 is version 2.33, I don't think it changed the 93sv version still says 11/20?

    Fished 5 hours yesterday, ghost tree is gone, frickin Asian carp still dominate the screen here on KY lake.
    The unit will automatically switch to perspective mode when transducer is turned on it's side.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thanks Northforker thanked you for this post

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a mount on order but also made a mount for now. Used it a couple of times and didn't really notice an issue with forward view. Had read that the active captain download was the issue but if you downloaded to the memory card it was good. What method did you use for the update?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A few perspective pics.
    Name:  sc2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  70.1 KBName:  sc3.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  67.0 KBName:  sc4.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  77.5 KB
    Likes KHNC LIKED above post

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    N GA
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northforker View Post
    Help me out here, does the on screen menu have a option for perspective mode or does the unit automatically detect the transducer orientation?
    There is a parameter in the sonar setup menu named "AHRS". That is to enable the auto-detect for the orientation if set to "on".
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Thanks Northforker thanked you for this post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice pics .
    Best ive seen.
    Can you easily see fish moving around or is it a structure search tool?

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StrykerTN View Post
    I have a mount on order but also made a mount for now. Used it a couple of times and didn't really notice an issue with forward view. Had read that the active captain download was the issue but if you downloaded to the memory card it was good. What method did you use for the update?
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    G3PO

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, you can see them moving.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    LEITCHFIELD
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I updated my units to the new version and fished yesterday. It did change my gain setting a bunch. I was running around 75% most of the time. Now I'm down around 67%. Other than that I saw no real difference. I still have ghost tree and dead spots at times. Shallow water makes it look pixelated. I'm calling garmin today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP