SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Need help

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Multiple trolling motors on multiple boats. Seems the only common denominator is the transducer and the head unit itself. Possibly something wrong with the sheilding in the transducer
    :I would like to thank the builders of docks for giving me a place to fish and lose tackle

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    28,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Multiple trolling motors on multiple boats. Seems the only common denominator is the transducer and the head unit itself. Possibly something wrong with the sheilding in the transducer
    That is what Humminbird replaced when I sent it back. Heck if I know but sure am getting good images when the motor is off, love to have that all the time.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chane the power supply of the 360 to the same battery the trolling motor is. Sounds like you are picking up interference from the brushes of the .trolling motor. I work with robotics, servos ,plc's , and computers. Given the interference we would ground the power supplies.
    :I would like to thank the builders of docks for giving me a place to fish and lose tackle

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    28,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Chane the power supply of the 360 to the same battery the trolling motor is. Sounds like you are picking up interference from the brushes of the .trolling motor. I work with robotics, servos ,plc's , and computers. Given the interference we would ground the power supplies.
    What would i ground it to?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I try making the negative sides of the battery common
    :I would like to thank the builders of docks for giving me a place to fish and lose tackle

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have you tried adding the ground ring to the Ethernet switch on your current installation? Does it still do it if you go from the 360 directly to the a unit with your Ethernet cable?

    Maybe try it to the battery negative as well as the anode on the main motor. (Independently and together)
    _______________________________________
    Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does your trolling motor have a built in transducer that you might be using when trolling motor is deployed and 360 is on? If so, is it pinging when the 360 is also pinging?

    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Does your trolling motor have a built in transducer that you might be using when trolling motor is deployed and 360 is on? If so, is it pinging when the 360 is also pinging?
    Never thought of that
    :I would like to thank the builders of docks for giving me a place to fish and lose tackle

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Any chance of a common ground?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have you tried a ferrite ring? They work in some situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP