SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: IT'S COMING - Humminbird MEGA 360 !

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hemet/CA
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@BBGmarine View Post
    Bob, it would have to be an ethernet connection like the current 360.

    Brian
    Brian, there is a FAQ on the Humminbird site indicating new y-cables for Helix and Solix models allowing a second transducer to be connected along with the new 360. That makes it sound like it would be a connection to the transducer port on the units? Wes

    https://www.humminbird.com/support/f...-time-mega-360




  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also from FAQ

    Can I connect other transducers at the same time as the MEGA 360?




    • Yes
    • HW, HW/MEGA DI+, HW/MEGA DI+/MEGA SI+ imaging transducers can be connected in conjunction with the MEGA 360. Built-In MEGA DI+ from a Minn Kota trolling motor can also be connected at the same time as a MEGA 360.

    • How does the MEGA 360 connect?



      • The new MEGA 360 connects the same way that a conventional 2D, DI, or SI transducer connects.






    _______________________________________
    Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile.

  3. #13
    Brian@BBGmarine is online now Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I stand corrected.... After I attend iCast I'll have all the skinny on the MEGA 360 >Lowrance Trolling motor /Garmin Trolling motor / New MotorGuide trolling motor and more....

    Brian
    Likes wannabe fisherman, BobB LIKED above post

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No problem Brian .... Don't think anyone knew all the details til they started rolling them out.
    _______________________________________
    Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I am not biting on this till Humminbird gets their previous software updates perfect for my G2N units. When they brought out the current 360 it is networkable with all their hummingbirds that can be networked. Now they want to do like Garmen and Lowrance and make you buy the G3N + mega depthfinders to run this mega 360 and all they probably would have to do is write the compatible software for the G2N mega models to run it. But maybe I am asking for to much from them as they canít get their current software perfect. Of course, itís all about money and they have gotten over 3 grand from me in the past 6 months besides 1500 18 months ago. Done with them! I will use what I have as it works for me catching fish with the software glitches in the 3 depthfinders I have networked with my current 360.
    It's total bollocks that they don't make this MEGA 360 compatible with Helix Gen2 MEGA units. There is NO reason why they couldn't except for forcing one to update your head unit. This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. I'll never feel the same towards Humminbird after this. I spent thousands about a year ago updating my sonar gear to Helix MEGA Gen2.
    Likes Roy LIKED above post

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorxring View Post
    It's total bollocks that they don't make this MEGA 360 compatible with Helix Gen2 MEGA units. There is NO reason why they couldn't except for forcing one to update your head unit. This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. I'll never feel the same towards Humminbird after this. I spent thousands about a year ago updating my sonar gear to Helix MEGA Gen2.
    Pretty sure they couldn't have it directly connect to a Helix G2 because they weren't far enough along developing the mega 360 at the time they designed the G2 to add the drivers to those models that the mega 360 needs.
    I do think they should have made the compatability a LOT wider than they did, and they could have done that by making a seperate driver module available which would make it an Ethernet accessory like the original ... They can still do that if they want .... just need to do a low cost mega + unit by deleting the screen and buttons.
    _______________________________________
    Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    Pretty sure they couldn't have it directly connect to a Helix G2 because they weren't far enough along developing the mega 360 at the time they designed the G2 to add the drivers to those models that the mega 360 needs.
    I do think they should have made the compatability a LOT wider than they did, and they could have done that by making a seperate driver module available which would make it an Ethernet accessory like the original ... They can still do that if they want .... just need to do a low cost mega + unit by deleting the screen and buttons.


    Agree 100%. They could make them compatible. They'll never get another nickel from me if they don't.


    .
    Likes Roy LIKED above post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Personally I don't see this comparing very well to Livescope. I was really hoping to see Humminbird come out with something to compete with Garmin Livescope.
    For me 360 cannot give me Live information or the amount of information that Garmin Livescope can.
    I'm sure they would if they could but patent and copyright aren't going to let that happen for several years, Lowrance some how got a piece of the pie in a negotiated settlement and all they ended up with was an original Panoptix PS31 style transducer with some enhanced features still not a LiveScope display.
    Likes Roy LIKED above post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@BBGmarine View Post
    I stand corrected.... After I attend iCast I'll have all the skinny on the MEGA 360 >Lowrance Trolling motor /Garmin Trolling motor / New MotorGuide trolling motor and more....

    Brian
    Were you able to learn anymore about the mega 360? Thanks

  10. #20
    Brian@BBGmarine is online now Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IL86 View Post
    Were you able to learn anymore about the mega 360? Thanks
    Honestly, not much more information then what's on the website. Humminbird will be coming out with 2 new Y cables for matching up transducers with the MEGA 360 system. It's no longer an ethernet connection. It will share the transducer port on your Humminbird.

    In addition, 360 imaging can be shared on a G2N unit via an ethernet network.

    Ship date will be December.

    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP