SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New terrova transducer help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New terrova transducer help

    Bought a new style terrova and had it installed today. Guy tells me that my current transducer wont be able to mount to the new terrova like the old ones did. I have a humminbird helix 9 di on the front of the boat. Something about the groove the cable used to go in now has a spring in the groove??? Anyone have any ideas on how to mount my electronics to this thing? Worst case scenario can I hook up to the us2 and just use my 2d sonar or will it not work at all? Thanks guys

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    camden,tn
    Posts
    4,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat85 View Post
    Bought a new style terrova and had it installed today. Guy tells me that my current transducer wont be able to mount to the new terrova like the old ones did. I have a humminbird helix 9 di on the front of the boat. Something about the groove the cable used to go in now has a spring in the groove??? Anyone have any ideas on how to mount my electronics to this thing? Worst case scenario can I hook up to the us2 and just use my 2d sonar or will it not work at all? Thanks guys
    Im using the us2,it does alright.Im also using one of rickys daducer apperatuses with a 360 and side scan transducer.Name:  1527188697826.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  60.5 KB

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Iíve got the new Terrova also and I also use the daducer from Podunk Ideas.com works great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ran into that exact situation last year. I knew it had lift assist but wasn't aware that they used the channel for that feature. I'm just plugging into the 2D and it works good. Ultimately, I'm going to upgrade to the Ultrex anyway. Wish I would've spent the extra $$ when I bought the Terrova. Hindsight....

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Cray's Avatar
    Cray is offline Crappie.com Legend and Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Byhalia,Mississippi
    Posts
    14,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat85 View Post
    Bought a new style terrova and had it installed today. Guy tells me that my current transducer wont be able to mount to the new terrova like the old ones did. I have a humminbird helix 9 di on the front of the boat. Something about the groove the cable used to go in now has a spring in the groove??? Anyone have any ideas on how to mount my electronics to this thing? Worst case scenario can I hook up to the us2 and just use my 2d sonar or will it not work at all? Thanks guys
    Depends on how bad you want or need that lift assist. If you don't really need it you can take it apart and remove spring and install just like your old terrova. If you want or need to keep it then best bet is to get one of those mounts like blueball and Mike got from Rickie. No sense in having the unit and not using its full capability.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979



    Likes Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks allaboutfun thanked you for this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutfun View Post
    Ran into that exact situation last year. I knew it had lift assist but wasn't aware that they used the channel for that feature. I'm just plugging into the 2D and it works good. Ultimately, I'm going to upgrade to the Ultrex anyway. Wish I would've spent the extra $$ when I bought the Terrova. Hindsight....

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    So you are going through the us2 transducer and your 2d sonar is working? I'm curious if it will work or cause issues with the di. Obviously i know the di won't work on there I'm just curious if the 2d still will

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes. I have a Hexix 7 DI.
    Here's my set up. I think I had to buy a short adapter cable. Name:  20180705_195741.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  83.3 KB

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutfun View Post
    Yes. I have a Hexix 7 DI.
    Here's my set up. I think I had to buy a short adapter cable. Name:  20180705_195741.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  83.3 KB

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. I went ahead and ordered the us2 adapter cable for the helix 9. I guess worst case scenario I can use my 2d through the us2 transducer. Sucks to lose the di though

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No doubt. I looked at what it would take to take the lift assist off - no thanks. Have you ever taken a take measure apart?

    I've got a Helix 7 SI on a ram mount at the console and i'm still trying to get it dialed in.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Shubuta, MS
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I researched this for a few months and tried a few different things and finally found this to work best for me.

    cornfieldcrappiegear | Product Page




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP