SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bait

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK so I'm guessing that you guys are freezing them separately as on a cookie sheet rather than in water like you would filets
    A person should learn something new every day!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Broken Arrow
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    OK so I'm guessing that you guys are freezing them separately as on a cookie sheet rather than in water like you would filets
    All that I've read is freeze them in super salty water. Makes a big ice cube!

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philipp Mississippi
    Posts
    1,859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    I tried them once and did fair with it . Cheap out of date hot dogs with cherry koolaid still had to beat for cheap bait .Channels love hot dogs .
    We always use chicken gizzards soaked in cherry koolaid. They are touger to get off the hook and do really well! We use them floating jugs alot.
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas //Bay City area
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    I tried them once and did fair with it . Cheap out of date hot dogs with cherry koolaid still had to beat for cheap bait .Channels love hot dogs .
    agree A tip cook a few hot dogs in Microwave tell they toughen up...stay on hook better

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rramos361 View Post
    Anyone ever caught catfish on bagged shad? I bought some and walmart had fish oil on clearance and so I put the shad pieces in a ziploc bag with some fish oil. Think this will work?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    Catfish love shrimp.


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    Not for me it doesn't. After being froze they get real mushy and won't stay on the hook
    Saw a you tube video for using tube gauze to use chicken liver. Cut the gauze in about 1" pieces and tie off one end. Stuff in chicken liver, twist the open end and run the hook through it then into the liver. Gonna try it ths year. Have always used beef liver cause I couldn't keep chicken on the hook. Tried salt with the chicken liver and didn't care for the texture. I think you could use pretty much anything with the gauze tube bag!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas //Bay City area
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
    Saw a you tube video for using tube gauze to use chicken liver. Cut the gauze in about 1" pieces and tie off one end. Stuff in chicken liver, twist the open end and run the hook through it then into the liver. Gonna try it ths year. Have always used beef liver cause I couldn't keep chicken on the hook. Tried salt with the chicken liver and didn't care for the texture. I think you could use pretty much anything with the gauze tube bag!
    Make up Packets at home and freeze like them little Ty wraps on tag end

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When I was a kid I'd use mom's pantyhose to wrap liver and cheese bait
    A person should learn something new every day!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't fool with all the hassle of using stinky messy stuff for cats. Did that years ago until I learned my bait didn't have to stink.
    A cheap clean one inch piece of hot dog has always done the trick for me.
    It would not say it is the way to go for monster cats, but I have caught hundreds of pounds of cats on just a plain ole hot dog.
    They even catch gar and turtles if you don't mind that sort of thing.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas //Bay City area
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantastic View Post
    I don't fool with all the hassle of using stinky messy stuff for cats. Did that years ago until I learned my bait didn't have to stink.
    A cheap clean one inch piece of hot dog has always done the trick for me.
    It would not say it is the way to go for monster cats, but I have caught hundreds of pounds of cats on just a plain ole hot dog.
    They even catch gar and turtles if you don't mind that sort of thing.
    Hot dogs work well too and if there to soft and need toughening up microwave a little to shrivel and get tough

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP