SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Clear Lake ON FIRE!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA (In Collinsville, OK for 6 months)
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Clear Lake ON FIRE!

    I tore it up on Clear Lake this past weekend. I lost count how many crappie I caught, forget how many very nice bluegill. People were calling me the crappie whisperer..lol, not sure about that but, I ended up giving away all the fish under a 1.5+ and cleaned 27 that were in the 2+ range. I also saw a lady catch a 12.5lb, 14lb, then a 14.5 lb mud cat on a drop shot 5" roboworm. You just can't make that stuff up. I was blown away. Here is a picture of day one's stringer. Day 2 didn't end until 11:30pm when I gutted and iced 19 more. I gave away everything on Sunday as others weren't catching many and I had plenty. Get out there, the crappie on Clear Lake are out of control this year. Current conditions given, the magic bait was a pink & chartreuse that resembles a tiny fluke. I had a double rig on 2lb Bass Pro Tourney Pro mono, Loomis GL2 UL river pole (long since discontinued...so sad, you can literally feel a crappie fart within a foot or so), Saris 500 reel.

    Best luck to everyone!

    -Bill

    Name:  First_Day_Stringer.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  116.2 KB
    Likes hdhntr, Mike1234, rnes, GREENFISH LIKED above post

  2. #2
    hdhntr's Avatar
    hdhntr is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    valley park, mo
    Posts
    2,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    good for you. in cali visiting the grandkids up in high desert in valencia. jonesing for the thump!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA (In Collinsville, OK for 6 months)
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I can't wait to head back soon!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    good for you. in cali visiting the grandkids up in high desert in valencia. jonesing for the thump!

    Just to be clear, the lure was the bobbly garland shad (2"-ish) in Electric Chicken. Ok, so that's clear-ish, but I killed 'em. But to be honest, I don't think that was the biggest difference. There were many many people around me fishing, I even gave the same lure to a number of them. Some of them did ok, but most didn't. I think the difference really came in the gear category. I saw most using (at the very best) light to medium heavy tackle. I'm sure they had hundreds of bites that my Loomis SuperUltraLight (sorry, long long discontinued) felt. Regardless, it's approaching time for me to start booking some weekends! Any of you headed to Clear Lake soon?

    PS (do people still say that?) I forgot the main reason I posted this. I got into a "friendly argument" with a friend of mine about the fact that I almost always ues #0 snaps on a double rig about 18 - 20" apart. I was assured, as I have been too many times, that the extra the "snap adds" will deter the fish. Sorry, I have always and will always call bs on that. I can try out different heads, colors (without wasting a jig), combinations, colors of "hair" jigs, super fast. Try some snaps (I get #0 from, well, probably China off Amazon (100 for a few $'s)) then go out there and kick your nay-sayers a$$


    -Bill
    Last edited by wallrat; 03-09-2018 at 03:40 AM.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congrats
    Good luck and good fishing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice catch, was this from boat, dock, or shore?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallrat View Post
    Just to be clear, the lure was the bobbly garland shad (2"-ish) in Electric Chicken. Ok, so that's clear-ish, but I killed 'em. But to be honest, I don't think that was the biggest difference. There were many many people around me fishing, I even gave the same lure to a number of them. Some of them did ok, but most didn't. I think the difference really came in the gear category. I saw most using (at the very best) light to medium heavy tackle. I'm sure they had hundreds of bites that my Loomis SuperUltraLight (sorry, long long discontinued) felt. Regardless, it's approaching time for me to start booking some weekends! Any of you headed to Clear Lake soon?

    PS (do people still say that?) I forgot the main reason I posted this. I got into a "friendly argument" with a friend of mine about the fact that I almost always ues #0 snaps on a double rig about 18 - 20" apart. I was assured, as I have been too many times, that the extra the "snap adds" will deter the fish. Sorry, I have always and will always call bs on that. I can try out different heads, colors (without wasting a jig), combinations, colors of "hair" jigs, super fast. Try some snaps (I get #0 from, well, probably China off Amazon (100 for a few $'s)) then go out there and kick your nay-sayers a$$


    -Bill
    Did you go this year?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Thanks Catpaw thanked you for this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    fresno
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    clear lake is one of the best crappie and bass fisheries in the state and one of the best big bass fisheries in the world IMO.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Rybak View Post
    clear lake is one of the best crappie and bass fisheries in the state and one of the best big bass fisheries in the world IMO.
    Can you guys spider rig in California?

    Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

    "I just can't fish with one pole anymore"
    Black Fish Crappie Charters
    www.blackdoghuntingclub.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SO-CAL
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfish View Post
    Can you guys spider rig in California?

    Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
    It would just tangle all our
    Lines.. Lol.. they might just put
    A TAX on it,,

    Cm
    " SLABS ARE FUN TO CATCH "

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sanford, NC
    Posts
    5,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very nicely done. Don't you just love it when a fishing day just seems to come together like that?
    Thanks for sharing you day and your tactical approach with the rest of us.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP