SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Talking about batteries for Live Scope

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Talking about batteries for Live Scope

    I've started using a Milwaukee M18 tool battery for my Live Scope. Originally I was hooked to the main engine battery on the boat and saw 10.X volts on the screen, so I started looking for a different source of power. I was also looking for a power disconnect for the black box as well.

    I found an Milwaukee M18 8.0 amp hour battery after 4 hours of use only drops to the 75% level on the battery indicator and takes very little time to recharge. I hook it up with this Amazon.com.

    It reads 20 volts on the screen. I'm too new to Live scope to tell you if I get a better picture or not.

    Not trying to sell anybody on it just putting it out there.

    Red
    Likes Ranger188, NIMROD LIKED above post

  2. #2
    NIMROD's Avatar
    NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plainview, / Russellville , Arkansas
    Posts
    15,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am using Amped Outdoors 32 amp hour lithium battery . Installed with quick connects (ordered off Amazon )and rigged a plastic ammo box (Harbor Freight ) to protect it . Ran mine for 9 1/2 hours and it was still showing 14.1 volts on my 1242 . Also hooked to my black box . It was only 250 with a charger shipped to my home .

    Some using drill batteries for each but need a adapter . They come in different amp hour ratings and also need charger unless you already have one . Also the longer distance from battery the bigger gauge wire you need or voltage drop increases .
    Are you running a 9'' screen and a black box or battery on each one ? I am running a 12'' screen and black box on one battery .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Southern Pro Tackle / Timmy Tom Jigs
    Power Crappie / Todd Huckabee Rods
    Likes Ranger188 LIKED above post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am running both on the one battery. I have a 9" display.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Benton La.
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I am running both on the one battery. I have a 9" display.
    Men can I ask y’all something, I would like to use a drill battery on mine, but I have heard people have been burning up live scopes using them. Is it anything thing to that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    Men can I ask y’all something, I would like to use a drill battery on mine, but I have heard people have been burning up live scopes using them. Is it anything thing to that?

    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    The black box is rated for 24 volts and the display is rated for 18 volts per my instructions. I'm seeing 20 volts on the display which drops to 18 after 3 hours. So far so good with mine. Maybe I should put a regulator inline.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Benton La.
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    The black box is rated for 24 volts and the display is rated for 18 volts per my instructions. I'm seeing 20 volts on the display which drops to 18 after 3 hours. So far so good with mine. Maybe I should put a regulator inline.
    Ok thanks for the info


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  7. #7
    NIMROD's Avatar
    NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plainview, / Russellville , Arkansas
    Posts
    15,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most Garmins will handle the 24 volts they been posting . To make sure contact Garmin , heard a few models might not . I am running the 32 amp hour hooked to both and shows over 16 volts with no trouble . Running 1242 xsv and black box
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Southern Pro Tackle / Timmy Tom Jigs
    Power Crappie / Todd Huckabee Rods

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monticello, AR
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been running my Livescope system off of the Milwaukee 18v batteries for about a year and a half using an adjustable voltage regulator that I purchased on Amazon. I have the voltage dialed back to about 14 volts showing on my screen. Using the 18v 5.0 batteries, I get about 4-5 hours run time. I usually carry 3 or 4 batteries with me per trip, but have never use more than two on one trip.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just got off the phone with Garmin asking about the 20 volts I'm getting from a fully charged M18. He said it would give me a high voltage warning. I have not seen that warning.

  10. #10
    NIMROD's Avatar
    NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plainview, / Russellville , Arkansas
    Posts
    15,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucky-sometimes View Post
    I've been running my Livescope system off of the Milwaukee 18v batteries for about a year and a half using an adjustable voltage regulator that I purchased on Amazon. I have the voltage dialed back to about 14 volts showing on my screen. Using the 18v 5.0 batteries, I get about 4-5 hours run time. I usually carry 3 or 4 batteries with me per trip, but have never use more than two on one trip.
    Longest I have used mine for a 12'' and black box with one Amped 32 amp hour has been 9 1/2 hours . It was still showing over 14 volts on the unit . No adapters needed with this battery .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Southern Pro Tackle / Timmy Tom Jigs
    Power Crappie / Todd Huckabee Rods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP