SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Conway

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Conway

    I was traveling up I-40 Thursday heading back to Oklahoma and have to ask I assume that is part of Lake Conway right off of I-40 in Conway and if so how many extra props do you fellas carry in your boat when you fish there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You are correct sir! It’s a stumpy lake for sure but has boat lanes that are pretty clean for the most part. I’ve only blown one lower unit out so far . Great crappie lake if you can figure it out
    Likes TimY, NIMROD, Rtfishing LIKED above post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    White Co, Arkansas
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I fish Conway quite a bit. As stated above the boat lanes are pretty safe but when you get out of them go slow.
    Likes NIMROD, TimY LIKED above post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NLR Ark
    Posts
    3,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimY View Post
    I was traveling up I-40 Thursday heading back to Oklahoma and have to ask I assume that is part of Lake Conway right off of I-40 in Conway and if so how many extra props do you fellas carry in your boat when you fish there.
    When it hot it hot, just make sure you speed along on the boat lanes Name:  IMG_2561.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  54.7 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina
    Likes TimY LIKED above post

  5. #5
    NIMROD's Avatar
    NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator * Member Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plainview, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    14,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    When it hot it hot, just make sure you speed along on the boat lanes Name:  IMG_2561.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  54.7 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I have run it in my boat and in others Bass Boats but better know the boat lanes or your in trouble ! Gindog when we taking your new boat for a test run over there ?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Southern Pro Tackle / Timmy Tom Jigs
    Power Crappie / Todd Huckabee Rods
    Likes TimY, Gindog LIKED above post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Conway, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The boat trail system definitely has its issues and we are aware of it. We will be rerouting a stretch of trail as a “test” for the rest of the lake. The new markers will be 4” furniture grade PVC pipes. Red on one side of the trail and green on the other side. We have already received the pipes. Now we just need to finalize a contract for stump cutting and boat lane marking. Once we finish the “test” trail, we will know how much money it will cost to redo the entire lake. This is not a cheap project.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app



    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - matthew.schroeder@agfc.ar.gov
    Likes TimY, redfin00 LIKED above post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What is another Million when we already owe 21 plus trillion dollars. I say go for it.
    Likes TimY LIKED above post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    The boat trail system definitely has its issues and we are aware of it. We will be rerouting a stretch of trail as a “test” for the rest of the lake. The new markers will be 4” furniture grade PVC pipes. Red on one side of the trail and green on the other side. We have already received the pipes. Now we just need to finalize a contract for stump cutting and boat lane marking. Once we finish the “test” trail, we will know how much money it will cost to redo the entire lake. This is not a cheap project.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    Matt what is the time frame for the test project and will it be trail 2 you move away from the shore line there at Larry Hills place?

    Welcome to the home of the, boat eating, trolling motor busting, prop bending, lower unit smashing, stump filled mud hole called Lake Conway.
    Bullet 21xrd Merc 250 Pro xs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have no got much comment about navigating lake Conway, other than do not, try anything you may see me do!
    Welcome to the home of the, boat eating, trolling motor busting, prop bending, lower unit smashing, stump filled mud hole called Lake Conway.
    Bullet 21xrd Merc 250 Pro xs

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bartlett, TN
    Posts
    4,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Be careful out there, on any lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP