Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Lake Report And Other Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake Report And Other Info

Took my brother from Hardy, Ark to Reelfoot Lake to fish Friday and Saturday, he's been wanting to go there, but never had the chance.
    We tried to fish Friday but the wind blew us off the lake, but Saturday was nice. We put out 7 noodle jugs for some catfish and went after the crappie.
    We had 15 nice crappie, and 5 catfish between 5 and 7 pounds before noon.
    After lunch he wanted to try the blue gills, so we went to the lidy pads across from Rat Island and only got about 5 or 6, and 1 bass, I was very disappointed in the bluegill bite, but we'll get em other day hopefully.
    We had a good time together and had some good vituals to eat. Reelfoot is my favorite lake, if the wind will let you on the lake, most likely you can catch something that's biting.
    The other information I have is, my friend crappie pro John Woods has a ''summer special'' during the months of June, July or August on the big crappie lakes in Mississippi.
    Book a 2 day trip for 2 people on Arkabutla, Sardis, Enid, or Grenada and recieve a $200 discount.
    That is one heck of a deal to be able to fish with a 2 time National Champion
    with over 18 pro tournament wins.
    John is also guiding on his home lake of Reelfoot Lake for $250 for 8 hours fishing on one of the best crappie lakes in the country.
    You can go to John's web site and see all the tournament lakes he won.
    www.johnwoodsguideservice.com

Thank yall for reading this, and good fishing you all........

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

did you stay at a resort or just camp?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Commando View Post
    did you stay at a resort or just camp?
    Hey CC... We stayed at Boyette's, old cabins,but clean and Mrs. Judy is a super nice lady.
    Good Fishing CC... crappie cowboy

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We will stay on the lower end next time we go down. Can always go to the upper blue if the wind is to bad. Them shallow lakes do not like the wind.