Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poem Contest Winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poem Contest Winner.

OK, I have the winner of the Poem Contest picked already, but only I know who it is. So, before I announce who the winner is, I'd like to hear from some of you as to who you all think should win. This is not a vote, I just want some feedback.

Here's a link to the thread with the poems.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...t-fishing.html

By the way, I really did not read the poems as they were posted. I wanted to wait till they were all there, and then I printed them off, and read them, all at one time. I was amazed at how good they are, and how prolific some of you poets are as well.

Great job everyone. Please PM me your mailing address if you entered the contest, I will send out a little something to all entrants.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I read all the poems and I was really impressed with the quality, emotion, and passion of the work. That collection will make a nice gift for individuals in the future I wish the very best to all who entered this contest. If I was forced to say who I think should win there would be no doubt in my mind. I would pick myself. There were several different emotions in the poetry submitted from patriotic, to comedy, and even tributary to those who came before us. To me, it was an honor just creating and submitting some of my thoughts.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-10-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I should win because I managed to find words that rhyme with "Trilene" and "GRIZZ".

I also have great legs. That should count for something.

Post Thanks / Like

tough decision there is a half dozen really good ones could not pick just one.

Post Thanks / Like

not a tough decision at all ****** I should win why? very simple CAUSE I DID NOT WRITE A POEM--IF I DID U WOULD ALL HAVE EITHER SICK EYES OR A SOUR TASTE AS I AIN'T NO POET, NOT EVEN ONE LINE..:WORD..

Great job to ALL those that did write.....................................
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Talking poems

We are all winners i my book it shows we are more than just fisherman congrats guys.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed,

I'm glad that the decision is not mine to make,
    Which one to choose which one to make,
    The winner above all the rest,
    to me I think they're all the best.

Thanks for the best site ever,

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never voted for myself on anything (well accept for City Council here). I know I dont envy you one bit Slab because there were some GREAT poems written and it was my HONOR to be a part of this and it was also an Honor for you to get the idea to do this from my Poems. I have always felt that you never write from your head, but instead from your Heart. There are many who have done this on there and good luck to all.
    Father of 4
    AKA: Gordon Melton
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    I have never voted for myself on anything

It's just business as usual for me. Every year, I vote for myself in People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" contest. A lot of good that's done me! Those short-sighted judges never pick me. It's all politics.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    It's just business as usual for me. Every year, I vote for myself in People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" contest. A lot of good that's done me! Those short-sighted judges never pick me. It's all politics.

That's interesting DB4D. I am always the "38,526nd runner up " in Time Man Of The Year Awards.:D:D:D:D:D
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast